Is Bryce Harris our new LT? (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He did look good in the San Fran game before going down with injury. Remember coaching staff and Drew Brees saying how impressive he was and fast he was picking up there system. He was offered D-I basketball scholarships out of high school but choose to concentrate on football. Started 3 straight years at LT at Fresno State...

"Started all 39 games at left tackle over his final three seasons (2009-11). Is a four-time Academic All-WAC selection.

Positives:
Fairly athletic. Very quick out of his stance. Generally plays on his feet. Good leg drive. Creates some push as a down blocker. Tough, durable three-year starter. Highly intelligent. Outstanding character — well-respected and coachable with a team-first attitude. Very smart — can learn any position."
ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Bryce Harris

Doubt it but its a possibility.

I'd bet OT is high in the draft.

Team drafted 2 OL in late rounds last year ... both spent the season on IR and were basically "redshirted." Harris also possible. Otherwise, the draft ... though I hope not a first-rounder on a OT.

Well if it is it won't be Joeckel, Johnson or Fisher.

Right? Charles Brown or some second tier free agent is now penciled in as the starter and there's no tackle other than those three worth drafting in the first. We'll pick one up in the late rounds. Doubtful they'd start this year though.

Right? Charles Brown or some second tire free agent is now penciled in as the starter and there's no tackle other than those three worth drafting in the first. We'll pick one up in the late rounds. Doubtful they'd start this year though.

They'll be gone, we have nothing to trade up with and we'd be stupid to do so.

Harris played 1/2 a game at RIGHT TACKLE before getting injuried, what have you seen that makes you think he will be our starter at LT?

I have been saying for months that losing Bushrod would hurt us more than SR thinks. The whole theory that the tackle market was flooded with talent was just that, a theory. We will be searching for answers just like we were when Goodwin left for SF.

Moving up in the 1st or back into the 2nd for a tackle has to be under consideration.

Harris played 1/2 a game at RIGHT TACKLE before getting injuried, what have you seen that makes you think he will be our starter at LT?

I have been saying for months that losing Bushrod would hurt us more than SR thinks. The whole theory that the tackle market was flooded with talent was just that, a theory. We will be searching for answers just like we were when Goodwin left for SF.

Moving up in the 1st or back into the 2nd for a tackle has to be under consideration.

Move up with what?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom