Is Bush having a hard time adjusting to the NFL? (1 Viewer)

Am I reading this correctly? Are you saying that you have over 100 posts in less than a week mostly criticizing one particular player and you do not watch the games?

If this is correct, please take it from someone that does watch the games: he, as well as all of our running backs, are doing just fine. Take a look at the "Different Perspective" thread I posted. You should see a lot of posters on that thread who watch the game live and who also dvr it. I think you might get a different reaction.

Constructively criticizing, yes. Most of my posts have been about his production with ball in hand. I haven't spoken to the "he opens everything up for everyone else" in great detail because, in the two games I've seen, I didn't see that much of this idea. Since I'm potentially six games behind someone with, say, season tickets or Season Ticket, I don't spout off at the mouth debating the whole presence/impact thing. I have a pinch of trouble believing it's as exhaustive as it's been portrayed, though, and I feel that it's a bit overstated in light of his lack of production... with ball... in hand... which is the crux of my argument to begin with.

See how circular it all is? The world is beautiful.. GEAUX SAINTS!

Danchrism, I hope you realize how non credible your opinion/argument is when you have admitted to not seeing the games. You pop into every thread on this subject when you don't have a leg to stand on.

Download the torrents, then watch the games, then maybe your opinion might hold more weight.

"NO WEAK SAUCE ALLOWED" ???

Yep. Pretty weak. :shrug:

I've discovered Sopcast just recently, and I'll be watching every game provided now. I really wanna believe the "the entire defense goes to #25 if the ball even casts a shadow his direction" rhetoric I've been reading, because if that's the case then hey I'll ride it to a 12-4 record. But I know that it's ultimately in the hands of each opponent's defensive gameplanning, so I'll watch with guarded trepidation. Or something.

Dude, what has prevented you from listening to people who actually get to see the games? Not intending to insult you, but I watch the games a minimum three times a week and i can honestly say that I am 85% pleased with Reggie. I am amazed at the amount of information he has soaked in, and aside from a few onfield decisions (he IS a rookie) I am totally pleased with his performance so far. Defenses keying on reggie apparently frustrates reggie and he starts trying to invent ways to get yards. That's the only knock I have against him. But who can blame the guy?

I also know that anytime any NFL defense puts the amount of emphasis that teams put into stopping reggie.....first they are going to seriously hinder his performance. Secondly they are going to leave holes in other places. Seeing it repeatedly I can promise you it is not rhetoric. I wasn't sold on Bush either, not when we drafted him, but seeing the matchup issues that dc's are faced with....I am a happy man. I also have faith that as the team and the o line improve as they have been. (third down and redzone production have been improving nicely......sign of a team coming together) Reggie will not be the only guy creating matchup problems and the field will open up for him. It's just a matter of time.

The run blocking sucks

Reggie never has a lead blocker

and every team keys on him when he is in there

Every team is worried about him ask PIT

I hope teams try to shut down the pass game so we can see BUSH run with 7 guys in the box instead of 8 or 9

I don't spout off at the mouth debating the whole presence/impact thing.
because
in the two games I've seen, I didn't see that much of this idea
and, keeping in lockstep with the same idea here...
Most of my posts have been about his production with ball in hand
which is the crux of my argument to begin with.

Put another way, I'm speaking directly to something that's quantifiable (ie, recorded data), and keeping a lower profile regarding something that's more qualitative (ie, requiring my own two eyes to see and impose judgement). You and the person next to you can have seen all the games this season, yet feel differently (or similarly, or exactly the same) about his presence affecting others. However, 2.6 yards per carry is 2.6 yards per carry, whether you're Reggie Bush, Reggie Brooks, or Reggie Miller.

You all need to quit coming at me as though I'd be vexed if Bush turns the corner and fully taps into his potential.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom