Is Byrd Actually Trying or Just Playing Out his Contract Trying not get Injured? (1 Viewer)

SyYkobob - good stuff and good points thx.

BTW: I just read on Google news where Russian nerds are hijacking twitter feeds and websites. I am starting to wonder by a few of the responses to this thread if that's happening here :mwink:

How many of you negative repping me on this thread are from Moscow?

it's syko bob...the syko (psycho) part is an honorary title from the Post Office..just call me bob ...please..:ylsmoke: The tin foil hats, are they custom made or can we order on line?

There are the unwritten rules of SR. I just learned another. One does not post anything that could be viewed as a negative towards the Saints during training camp and preseason or it will get flamed.

So let's ask this another way. How many of you are excited and confident to see Byrd starting in 2016? During the offseason that was not a popular opinion but it's training camp and he is now found the Lord and will return to greatness?

I am eccited and confident to see a healthy Byrd play in a system that is closer to what made him an all-pro.

Gronk hasn't played in a preseason game since 2012, IIRC. Is he actually trying, or just playing out his contract trying not to get injured?

I think Byrd has stayed healthy because he finally got in shape. Ever since Rob Ryan left I really have noticed a difference in Byrd with the presence of Allen. Since Allen has set a good example being a great role model that is in shape it has had an impact on Byrd to stay in shape. When Ryan was here Byrd just didn't want to stop eating junk food of drinking beer and never worked out.

Is he just not trying to get hurt during pre-season? Is he simply playing out the string of his contract avoiding contact? Is he simply scared now after all the injuries? Or.......?

Not to worry. You can't hide from the game film, and Byrd knows it. Payton and 2 or 3 assistants will see every play he made in great detail.

Personally, I don't think he is deliberately playing to not get hurt. Neither is he flying around like a rook trying to make the team, and there's a difference.

Gronk hasn't played in a preseason game since 2012, IIRC. Is he actually trying, or just playing out his contract trying not to get injured?

You seriously using Gronk as a comparison? Oh we talking just pre-season? I get it, because there is no way you talking about regular season. If you were talking about the regular season you could have used a scare crow as a good comparison.

No-Swimming-Sign-K-5247.gif

I think preseason is a total misrepresentation, especially game 1. We have no idea what coaching staff is telling the players to do. Whether it be calling vanilla plays to give a false idea of what the team plans on doing, telling players to go easy so they don't hurt themselves, etc, I think maybe we all get caught in the evaluation of what's happening that we forget it's not as simple as, "let's try our best and see what happens".. I'm guilty of it too.

I didn't watch Byrd closely but if he was playing in such a way to avoid getting injured.... well that makes a lot of sense. The big knock on him is that he hasn't been available to play for the Saints. I don't blame him for trying his best to not get injured in a preseason game. As much as we want him to be healthy for the regular season, dude is probably even more desperate to play actual games. If he makes an impact for the team this season all is forgiven.

You seriously using Gronk as a comparison? Oh we talking just pre-season? I get it, because there is no way you talking about regular season. If you were talking about the regular season you could have used a scare crow as a good comparison.

I'm simply saying that different coaches and different vet players approach preseason, and the entire off season for that matter, differently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom