Is Byrd Actually Trying or Just Playing Out his Contract Trying not get Injured? (1 Viewer)

I'm not even sure if Swimmer actually feels like what he said is true. Especially when you look at the breakdown that jlroby69 wrote up.

I'm pretty sure Swimmer is just trying to get attention. It's kind of like the neglected child that acts out. Even negative attention is still attention.

I was a huge fan of the Byrd signing. I have been very patient and understanding of his injuries still believing he would return to pro bowl status.

I just rewatched the game last night and saw Byrd over and over literally moving away from the action when it was coming towards him. The 1st time, I just thought it to be an anomaly. The 2nd time I got irritated and the third time I was in shock. What a terrible display of leadership and effort.

Is he just not trying to get hurt during pre-season? Is he simply playing out the string of his contract avoiding contact? Is he simply scared now after all the injuries? Or.......?

Do you make posts like this just to get a reaction from people? I mean come on man

My vote is to sit him every game of the preseason. An injury early this year for him would be beyond terrible.

My vote is to sit him every game of the preseason. An injury early this year for him would be beyond terrible.

Do what? This guys has played what 2 games in 2 years and you want to sit him so he doesnt get injured? If we didnt have talent behind him, I would want him to play every snap at FS (in practice and in the pre-season games)to see what we have. Im hopeful we get something out of him but I dont believe we ever get the Buffalo wings we paid for.

Saints vs. Patriots: Defensive snap counts and playing time percentage leaders - Canal Street Chronicles

Ken Crawley, CB, 38 (56%)
P.J. Williams, DB, 37 (54%)
Erik Harris, DB, 36 (53%)
Vonn Bell, DB, 32 (47%)
Craig Robertson, LB, 31 (46%)
De’Vante Harris, CB, 31 (46%)
Nathan Stupar, LB, 29 (43%)
Bobby Richardson, DE, 29 (43%)
Obum Gwacham, DE, 28 (41%)
Tyeler Davison, DT, 27 (40%)
Nick Fairley, DT, 27 (40%)
Jimmy Pruitt, CB, 26 (38%)
Brian Dixon, CB, 25 (37%)
Michael Mauti, LB, 24 (35%)
Kasim Edebali, LB, 24 (35%)
Jeff Schoettmer, LB, 22 (32%)
David Onyemata, DE, 22 (32%)
Sheldon Rankins, DT, 22 (32%)
Davis Tull, LB, 20 (29%)
Trae Elston, S, 20 (29%)
Ashaad Mabry, NT, 17 (25%)
C.J. Wilson, DE, 17 (25%)
Matt Shaughnessy, DE, 17 (25%)
Roman Harper, SS, 16 (24%)
James Laurinaitis, LB, 15 (22%)
Darryl Tapp, DE, 15 (22%)
Kenny Vaccaro, SS, 14 (21%)
Dannell Ellerbe, LB, 14 (21%)
Jairus Byrd, FS, 14 (21%)

Stephone Anthony, LB, 13 (19%)
Dillon Lee, LB, 9 (13%)
Jamal Golden, S, 9 (13%)
Brandon Dixon, CB, 6 (9%)
Tony Steward, LB, 5 (7%)

Have a look at the snap counts...

Ellerbe, Byrd and Vaccaro's are all the same...seems like a method to the madness, yes?

It's the preseason. However, Byrd rubs me off as the guy who got his money and really doesn't care anymore. We've seen many like him pass through the league.

Some people say, that Swimmer's threads are yuuuge, some of the best threads ever.

I heard he was working on a new thread that he's going to post tomorrow that will just blow this place up. Probably go down in history as one of the most awesome threads of all time. I don't know, but that's what some people are saying. I'm just telling you what I've heard.

Swimmer 2016
Making SR Great Again.

I'm not even sure if Swimmer actually feels like what he said is true. Especially when you look at the breakdown that jlroby69 wrote up.

I'm pretty sure Swimmer is just trying to get attention. It's kind of like the neglected child that acts out. Even negative attention is still attention.

69 made my point. He was never, not once, involved in contact.

Do you make posts like this just to get a reaction from people? I mean come on man

There are the unwritten rules of SR. I just learned another. One does not post anything that could be viewed as a negative towards the Saints during training camp and preseason or it will get flamed.

So let's ask this another way. How many of you are excited and confident to see Byrd starting in 2016? During the offseason that was not a popular opinion but it's training camp and he is now found the Lord and will return to greatness?

Swimmer...you have no idea what's going on in the minds of the coaches and what takes place in meetings, maybe, just maybe, he is doing exactly what he is being asked to do.

Everyone in the film rooms can see exactly what has been stated, his fellow team mates have had nothing but praise for the man. I'm doing the math here and something does not equate...i think we need to see some non-preseason action before passing judgement. JMHO.

Swimmer...you have no idea what's going on in the minds of the coaches and what takes place in meetings, maybe, just maybe, he is doing exactly what he is being asked to do.

Everyone in the film rooms can see exactly what has been stated, his fellow team mates have had nothing but praise for the man. I'm doing the math here and something does not equate...i think we need to see some non-preseason action before passing judgement. JMHO.

SyYkobob - good stuff and good points thx.

BTW: I just read on Google news where Russian nerds are hijacking twitter feeds and websites. I am starting to wonder by a few of the responses to this thread if that's happening here :mwink:

How many of you negative repping me on this thread are from Moscow?

SyYkobob - good stuff and good points thx.

BTW: I just read on Google news where Russian nerds are hijacking twitter feeds and websites. I am starting to wonder by a few of the responses to this thread if that's happening here :mwink:

How many of you negative repping me on this thread are from Moscow?

That's pretty funny dude, people around here hate on you a bunch, but keep on keepin' on, I often enjoy your posts, gotta have something that sounds kinda crazy to read once in a while, it's entertaining. Most folks don't have much of a sense of humor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom