Is Cam Jordan defending Myles Garret here? (1 Viewer)

Not justifying Rudolph retaliating, but, players retaliate and fight from time to time and they don't get suspended. He was dumb for trying to go after Garrett after he lost his helmet, but I don't think it merits a suspension based on past precedent. Now, if the league wants to cracking down on that sort of thing, then they could and maybe should start suspending players for run of the mill fighting.

You seem to ignore what happened when both players had helmets. That's when the altercation starts.

This. The goal is to win and stay alive. Ideally, without criminal consequences.
No one got seriously hurt. Garrett seems like a decent young man that got caught in a bad situation, and he will spend years trying to rebuild his reputation. He's not the 1st 20 something to do a dumb thing and he won't be the last. This is not a Saints a issue, so meh.

swinging a helmet at someones unprotected skull is not something a decent young man would ever do. this clown is an animal.

Rudolph was looking to start BS and he got some BS back. Trying to take off another player’s helmet is ridiculous crap and he got what was coming to him
swinging a helmet at someones unprotected skull is not something a decent young man would ever do. this clown is an animal.

Na you're just racist if you're going to call him an animal. If Rudolph didn't try to rip helmet's off and then cry like the victim when it went awry and then hide behind his whiteness this wouldn't be an issue.

Rudolph was looking to start BS and he got some BS back. Trying to take off another player’s helmet is ridiculous crap and he got what was coming to him

Na you're just racist if you're going to call him an animal. If Rudolph didn't try to rip helmet's off and then cry like the victim when it went awry and then hide behind his whiteness this wouldn't be an issue.
Your post is racist. No where did he mentioned race.. Stupid post man.

Your post is racist. No where did he mentioned race.. Stupid post man.

Nope, it's not possible for defense of a black man to even be racist in the first place. Is Rudolph's race historically the privledged one or is Garret's?

It's very, very easy to tell when someone's anger is part of a larger picture. You should feel ashamed for contradicting this obvious truth.

Nope, it's not possible for defense of a black man to even be racist in the first place. Is Rudolph's race historically the privledged one or is Garret's?

It's very, very easy to tell when someone's anger is part of a larger picture. You should feel ashamed for contradicting this obvious truth.
The only thing I am ashamed is to respond to stupidity of your post.

How can you say what Rudolf clearly wasn't trying to do you're not in his head so stop trying to make up stuff okay he put his foot exactly where he wanted it and proceeded to push you must work for the media cuz you sound just like them spinning story where fits you the best right

There's a big difference between forceful kicking and trying to push off. I don't have to read his mind. The video is clear on that. And, Garrett hasn't said anything about Mason doing anything to provoke him, so as far as I know, he hasn't stated what exactly Mason did to set him off. Regardless, while Mason was dumb for chasing after him without a helmet on, he didn't deserve to be whacked on the head and then blindsided by another lineman.

If someone grabbed me in the same place, while I had that helmet in my hand, I would have done the exact same thing, and I damn sure wouldn't have limited it to one swing; furthermore, that helmet would have been upside down when I swung it.

These still shots don't really show what really happened. That foot was pushing off, not kicking. Watch the video instead of posting disingenuous photos. And Garrett himself hasn't said anything about getting kicked in the nuts. I think he would have mentioned it if that's what happened.

How can you say what Rudolf clearly wasn't trying to do you're not in his head so stop trying to make up stuff okay he put his foot exactly where he wanted it and proceeded to push you must work for the media cuz you sound just like them spinning story where fits you the best right

Lmao, I actually watched the game and describing what I saw, and watching the replay no less than a dozen times. I have no allegiances to either team. In fact, I was pulling for the Browns over the Steelers. But go ahead and keep making your assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

You seem to ignore what happened when both players had helmets. That's when the altercation starts.

I didn't ignore that, I've stated several times that Rudolph isn't innocent in this, but Garrett deserves the lion's share of the blame for this. They're absolutely not equal. And that's the reason for the large disparity in punishment for both players.

I didn't ignore that, I've stated several times that Rudolph isn't innocent in this, but Garrett deserves the lion's share of the blame for this. They're absolutely not equal. And that's the reason for the large disparity in punishment for both players.

They're not equal. But taken independently each should be punished according to their offense. Garrett should be suspended at least 8 games. Rudolph should be suspended at least 1 game for kicking and trying to yank someone's helmet off. What happened next is punishable but it doesnt excuse the extent of Rudolph's actions.

If Matt Ryan grabbed and twisted Cam Jordan's helmet trying to yank it off and kicked him in the groin, I doubt any one argues whether a suspension was in order. His actions are still his actions regardless of what happened next.

If someone grabbed me in the same place, while I had that helmet in my hand, I would have done the exact same thing, and I damn sure wouldn't have limited it to one swing; furthermore, that helmet would have been upside down when I swung it.
Really? You would have bludgeoned someone for that? I think you should probably talk to a professional.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom