Is Cam Jordan defending Myles Garret here? (1 Viewer)

But it was his fault it got started in the first place. That shouldn't have any bearing on Garrett's punishment, but it also shouldn't be ignored or blown off.

Who started it is really irrelevant. If someone kicks me in the nuts, it doesn't give me license to shoot that person. Because that's pretty much the argument being made.

Who started it is really irrelevant. If someone kicks me in the nuts, it doesn't give me license to shoot that person. Because that's pretty much the argument being made.

You're full of hyperbole tonight. I picture you typing this, then flailing your arms around like Rudolph after getting clocked.

No its not

That's not the point. Nobody is trying to excuse what Garrett ended up doing, everyone seems to be brushing off what Rudolph did in order for it to get to that point. Garrett deserves what he is getting, but Rudolph is not getting what he deserves for causing the incident. He's hardly even being criticized for it, especially in the media.

That's not the point. Nobody is trying to excuse what Garrett ended up doing, everyone seems to be brushing off what Rudolph did in order for it to get to that point. Garrett deserves what he is getting, but Rudolph is not getting what he deserves for causing the incident. He's hardly even being criticized for it, especially in the media.

I can understand that. What Rudolph did was obviously dumb, I don't deny that, but what Garrett did was so beyond the pale, that of course the media is gonna focus on that. It's gonna sell their stories anyway.

My point from the beginning has always been that there's no excusing what he did, but I've seen a few make excuses for him. I can't get behind legitimizing whacking someone over the head who doesn't have his helmet on. It should be felony assault. Fortunately, for all involved, it wasn't worse than it could have been.

Last edited:
Really? You would have bludgeoned someone for that? I think you should probably talk to a professional.
Id love to go to that professionals office, give him a helmet, then grab his nuts as hard as i can to see whether he swings that helmet at my head...might be a learning experience for the three of us. You could watch and say what you would do after saying "i wish he would have did that to me", then watch how instead you are shell shocked in dazed reaction /recovery as you realize the scenario you had in your head did not counter or roll with the punch but instead is smacked into stunned recovery pondering "howd that just happen" while laying in fetal position hoping for mercy.

"whatever you do, dont kick him in the groin" "I thought you said I could do anything" "Oh you can, but he takes it personal"

Helmets getting ripped off happens. Kyle Turley did it years ago protecting Aaron Brooks. But he didn't swing it at anyone. He threw it across the field. Everything was fine until Garret crossed that line. Never do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom