Is Cam Jordan defending Myles Garret here? (1 Viewer)

Watching it back...Rudolph does try to rip Garrett's helmet off before Garrett rips Rudolph's off. Now the helmet swing in indefensible. I thought he was just going to pull a Kyle Turley.

Yeah. Garrett crossed the line, but Cam and others aren’t wrong that there’s more to this, and both players escalated this incident.

No...He is a football player in an aggressive sports. If I feel someone went over the line with their play and was a little much with trying to take me down, I fight back too.
Fight back too. As in grabbing him by the helmet at yelling at him. Ok. Maybe thats being a fiery competitor. Maybe that can motivate your team.

But after you have been separated. Dont get up and chase the guy down. Especially when you have lost your helmet and he is holding it. Let your linemen protact you and stick up for you at that point [which they were]

It was a poor decision to get up and chase him. It escalated things. It put his team hat risk. Rudolph could have easily gotten a thumb injury by doing that or worse. He could have put his teams season on the line or his career or worse.
There was no need to get up and chase Garrett. It was a dumb move of reacting in anger. He could have chosen a much better response.

You obviously didn't see the whole incident. Rudolph not only tried to pull off Garrett's helmet but kicked him in the groin.
No justification of hitting a helmetless player with a helmet but don't jump in without the facts either.
Listen....Who is swinging the helmet? Gees people. Fight happens alllllll the time. I don't care about the fight. Anyone can pull someones helmet off and no one really cares. But if you use the helmet as a weapon and hit someone across the head with, how do you justify that? Tell me. You guys are making this argument that Mason did this and that. If Garrett did not swing his helmet and just pull off, no one would really care. I have seen helmet being pulled all the time.

Fight back too. As in grabbing him by the helmet at yelling at him. Ok. Maybe thats being a fiery competitor. Maybe that can motivate your team.

But after you have been separated. Dont get up and chase the guy down. Especially when you have lost your helmet and he is holding it. Let your linemen protact you and stick up for you at that point [which they were]

It was a poor decision to get up and chase him. It escalated things. It put his team hat risk. Rudolph could have easily gotten a thumb injury by doing that or worse. He could have put his teams season on the line or his career or worse.
There was no need to get up and chase Garrett. It was a dumb move of reacting in anger. He could have chosen a much better response.
He is human. He has emotion. His decision.

Im not sticking up for Garrett, im just saying both players are in the wrong and both should have multi game suspensions. Had the qb made the choice to stay on the ground or not chase after him, this would barely be a story this morning.
This
Not sure why it has to be an either/or
But we’re stupid both did wrong both should be penalized
Just Garrett should be penalized bc he swung a helmet at some dudes unprotected head

Darn you are slow lmao
Nah man...I am not slow but I rather people speak a little bit more clearer than using some kind of ebonics that a lot people would not know themselves. It is about getting your audiences to understand what you trying to say. Hope you understand that. Unless you want me to say it in a way you would understand it.

Yes. Erratic is a stretch. He was swinging it at Rudolph. Hopefully, Cam deletes this soon
Why does Cam have to delete it? Its his opinion... he isn’t wrong... why do people these days get so offended by someone’s opinion? Ill never understand.

If Rudolph complains for a flag to the ref and gets up, then this doesn’t even happen. He grabbed Garret’s facemask, kicked him in the crotch.. did Garret over react? Of course... and he will get suspended for it. Rudolph isn’t an angel in this deal.

We have two outstanding Saints representatives in Michael Thomas and Cam Jordon. We are fortunate that we can call them Saints as they are class acts on and off the field. Having said that, I am very disappointed in both as they conflate actions that we see on the field every week (scuffles,trash talking, even punches thrown on occasion) with an act that can clearly be considered way way outside of bounds and even criminal. What Garrett did swinging a helmet that weighs anywhere from 3 to 5 lbs. with a full wind up at the exposed head of another player is deadly serious. We are lucky it appears no real damage done, but just think for a minute what could have been the outcome of that one swing! Rudolph could have had the helmet hit his face/nose/eye and fracture his eye, jaw, nose etc; He could have been hit squarely on the head resulting in a fracture or worse yet severe brain injury; He could have hit square on the temple and killed Rudolph!
My respect for both Thomas and Cam remains unwaivering, but IMO they really needed to consider the message they might be sending to the youth who idolize them every day - that Rudolph's actions initiated the extreme response by Garrett. I do fully understand that they, like all of us, have first amendment rights, but I just wish players particularly need to call it what it was - an act that was totally unwarranted and an act that could have caused serious bodily injury to a frankly defenseless player with no helmet.

it was both Mason and Myles fault. Mason had a terrible game and didnt take well to the sack. he could have just took the and got up, but instead he escalated it by trying to take Myles helmet first. Myles then counter reacted very violently. neither is right.

Why does Cam have to delete it? Its his opinion... he isn’t wrong... why do people these days get so offended by someone’s opinion? Ill never understand.

If Rudolph complains for a flag to the ref and gets up, then this doesn’t even happen. He grabbed Garret’s facemask, kicked him in the crotch.. did Garret over react? Of course... and he will get suspended for it. Rudolph isn’t an angel in this deal.

He doesn't have to delete it. He is wrong about the helmet swing being erratic. That is my issue with it. No one has said Rudolph is an angel. What Rudolph did is pretty standard penalized stuff just usually not done by a QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom