Is Charles Brown ready? (1 Viewer)

Honestly Bushrod was a very medocre, slightly above average at best LT. If we find the right replacement, there shouldn't be a significant dropoff.

Absolutely. Only graded out a little better than J'marcus Webb last year. Glad we didn't overpay--just like with Nicks, Goodwin, faine, etc. Brees makes online look better by getting rid of the football fast.

Charles Brown will do just fine....injury prone?.....so was Ivory . Then one day he got through it, and did not get injured anymore. I predict the same will happen with CB. One day he will get through it, and I believe he will outperform Bushrod, which will not surprise anybody.

Brown played well when he was inserted into the starting lineup, I guess all people can focus on is that fact he had some injuries....but nobody really saw the value in a 2 time pro bowl left tackle in Bushrod either so I guess you have to consider who's doing the doubting.

If the Saints dont think Brown, Jones or Harris can play the position we will draft a guy...but we have three tackles in line for a promotion.

I suspect Charlie Brown will be our RT next season. Our LT likely isn't currently on the team.

Between Bryce Harris and Charles Brown, the Saints might feel like we can get by at LT.

There's really only 2 starting quality LTs still out there in Bryant McKinnie and Sam Baker, and neither of those guys are close to being studs. I could live with McKinnie for a year, as long as he doesn't balloon up in weight.

Terron Armstead or Jordan Mills in the 3rd round come April.

Bushrod got 5 yrs $35.965 with $17.7145 guaranteed. Not overpaying, we must has not valued him much.

A great deal for the Bears a bad deal for us. The Bears need a tackle and dont have any OLineman on their roster.

Bears made Bushrod highest paid O-lineman in Bears history (see Bushrod thread). Not saying they overpaid, but they valued him more than we did.

I have not been impressed with Brown so far. I hope he gets his stuff together and breaks through. In the meantime, we need to go find a new LT.

Everyone keeps saying Chicago over paid. Where are the numbers to support this?

Bushrod will be a bigger loss than we expect. Charles Brown will play 3-5 games before being injured. So, the question is not: is CB ready, but is his back up also ready?

3 out of 3 people are in denial. This hurts the Saints. But these things happen when you have no money.

I want to say yes, but man! I dont think the answer to the LT question is currently on the roster.

For one, Bushrod got overpaid regardless of the situation. I love him as a person because he personifies class, but he's an average NFL LT, maybe above average.

I think Brown is a better pass blocker than Bushrod but I'm not sure about his ability in the run game. His main problem is injuries, he can't stay on the field. If he can stay healthy for an entire season, our offense will be business as usual. I think getting 1st team reps will do wonders for him. We don't need him to be elite, heck he doesn't even need to be very good, he just needs to be average to slightly above average.

A great deal for the Bears a bad deal for us. The Bears need a tackle and dont have any OLineman on their roster.

Have you watched Bushrod play? He constantly got helped, and was manhandled a lot when he didn't. Brees made him look a lot better than he is.

I believe Bushrod gone pretty much locks us up to draft a LT with out first selection. This disappoints me as I really, really would have loved to draft Rhodes or Vaccaro.

we are NOT going into training camp with Brown as our starting LT. And all the LT's in free agency are either worse than Bushrod or greatly over pricing themselves like Bushrod did.

But now, I think we're going LT. Bank on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom