Is Charles Brown ready? (1 Viewer)

Pai Mei

Very Banned
Reaction score
Losing Bushrod is a major blow. I know we don't value OT as much as Guard, but you gotta have a solid guy there. Brown hasn't shown anything but a tendency to get injured. This changes out priorities IMO. It's a scary time until this is resolved.. IF it gets resolved.

Might need a bit more practice...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6Z30VTXwvOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honestly Bushrod was a very medocre, slightly above average at best LT. If we find the right replacement, there shouldn't be a significant dropoff.

It's gonna be him, a second tier free agent, a late round draft pick, the late rounders from last year who were hurt an dthe scrubs we called up when Strief went down battling it out.

I'd look at someone like Eric Winston who, although a RT, is good enough for what we need our tackles to do.

Losing Bushrod isn't a major blow. We made a half *** attempt to sign him, we would have tried much harder if we were really worried about it.

Losing Bushrod isn't a major blow. We made a half *** attempt to sign him, we would have tried much harder if we were really worried about it.

Agreed. Bushrod isn't worth any more than $5-6 million tops for our team.

Even if Brown was ready to take over the LT position, which I don't think he is or ever will be, there's no way he lasts a full season. He's an injury waiting to happen.

Honestly Bushrod was a very medocre, slightly above average at best LT. If we find the right replacement, there shouldn't be a significant dropoff.

correct

and Brees can handle pressure coming from the edges better than any other QB in the NFL

so not as critical a position as people think

Its good to see our management is not getting held hostage on overpaying for a product just because its a position of need.

Its all about value per dollar.
Bushrod is not worth what Chicago is paying.

Its kind of like Flacco getting Brees money simply because they had no other alternative.
If you do deals like that more then one or 2 times all of a sudden you are overpaying for the production on the field.

Ultimately the most talented team in the NFL is the team that gets the most value per dollar spent.

Doing one or 2 overpay jobs on a contract like Bushrod all of a sudden you have a team with less talent.

I think if he can remain healthy he'll be an upgrade over Bushrod. Outside of that horrible showing against Chris Long, he's looked pretty solid to me.

I think Brown can manage. I didn't think he was bad last year and didn't notice much of any difference between he and Bushrod outside of normal transitionary hurdles.

His biggest problem is staying healthy. If he could do so and get some consistent reps he'd probably improve even more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom