Is Colston going to Play against 49ers? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has gotten the latest news update on colston?

If you have heard anything it would be great if you could fill me in thanks

From www.fanball.com:

The News
Saints wide receiver Marques Colston missed another practice on Thursday. However, he told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that he could have practiced if he wanted to push it. Instead, he chose to rest his sprained left ankle in hopes that he'll be healthy enough to play on Sunday against the 49ers.

Our View
Colston will probably be a game-time decision again this week. Devery Henderson would start if Marques is unable to play. We'll continue to keep fantasy owners updated on Henderson's status leading up to kickoff on Sunday.

As for Horn:

The News
Saints wide receiver Joe Horn missed the team portion of practice on Thursday, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. He is listed as questionable on the injury report with a groin injury.

Our View
Terrance Copper started ahead of Devery Henderson when Horn missed two games earlier this year. Meanwhile, Henderson started ahead of Copper when Marques Colston was sidelined last week. With Horn and Colston both listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the 49ers, there's a chance that both Copper and Henderson could start in week 13.

Last edited:
even though they've played pretty well the last few games, i'd be extremely worried if Henderson and Copper were our starters on sunday....wheres jerome pathon when you need him?? j/k. think we'll be fine, but i'd like to see Colston back in there so he can put some more numbers up, and lock up that R.O.Y. spot!

They had Meuller on the local Saints show today and he said it would be a game time decision. He said he would warm up and see how it felt.
He said he left the practice field today right before the interview and Colston was doing some light work.
He said they would love to use him and they need him, but they don't want to do anything to set him back.

From the remarks he made and the way he stated it, it doesn't sound like he is going to play. He did say Horn would probably play though.

That sucks because it is messing him up for ROY. I do not want him hurt for later though. It is just unfortunate because he was on a serious roll. Get well soon Mauques and be ready for the playoffs.

this is killing me in Fantasy Football. I have lost the last two weeks by 4 pts and 6 pts respectivley and if he just gets 75 yds rec and 1 td I WIN BOTH WEEKS

GET ON THE FIELD! :)

Just joking Marques, take care of that ankle and just be ready for January! ! !! !

colston rest this week we need you for the playoffs! Also can you please play next week for my FF squad

even though they've played pretty well the last few games, i'd be extremely worried if Henderson and Copper were our starters on sunday....wheres jerome pathon when you need him?? j/k. think we'll be fine, but i'd like to see Colston back in there so he can put some more numbers up, and lock up that R.O.Y. spot!

I respected Pathon when he was a Saint, but there is no loss with either Copper or Henderson as far as Pathon goes

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten the latest news update on colston?

If you have heard anything it would be great if you could fill me in thanks

Game time decision, but he is leaning towards playing according to the thread below this one.

Last edited:
I just saw Clayton report on ESPN that Colston is doubtful, Horn is probable, Will Smith is questionable

I started Devery Henderson over Andre Johnson with Colston out last week, and Brees made me look like a genius. Thank you Drew!

PS I also started Joseph Addai at the very last second over Ahman Green. :)

Even though I too have him on my fantasy team, I would rather him sit another week or two and let the ankle heal. I can remember about 2 years ago Deuce hurt his ankle and rushed back and it ended up taking too long for it to heal. I know they can play through it but I would just be too fearful of a serious injury. As far as fantasy goes, pick up Copper, he has been good for about 80 yards and a td which is not bad production fantasy. He just needs to knock out those fumbles. Anyways, Go Saints.

I am still in pain from a sprained ankle 3 weeks ago, so I could see them holding him back for just one more game. Copper and Henderson have to step it up though, not that they haven't been over the last two weeks, but lets get a hand clap for some consistency.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom