Is cord cutting a legitimate option for the die-hard sports fan? (1 Viewer)

If I end up with Sunday Ticket in Louisiana... will I be able to watch the Saints live? Or do I have to wait till Wednesday to watch them like i have to do with the Pelicans on the NBA package?

Because of FCC regulations, Sunday Ticket has to black out any game that is broadcast locally over the air.

If its blacked out on Sunday Ticket, its usually available through other means such as OTA, NFL Network or Twitter/Amazon. Either way, you should still be able to watch it.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Waiting on thoughts from Buzd . It sounds like a good deal. I mean if you really only watch ESPN like me. I may turn off sling TV and give it a shot once they get all the kinks out.

I thought I saw somewhere on a thread about Set TV. I tried it out and I really like it, but I'm pretty sure it isn't legit. But I think I'm going to switch over to it until it goes down. worth it for $20 a month

Waiting on thoughts from Buzd . It sounds like a good deal. I mean if you really only watch ESPN like me. I may turn off sling TV and give it a shot once they get all the kinks out.

I don't have a lot of opinions on the cord cutting services. For a number of reasons, we have direct tv and we are keeping it for the forseeable future.

I've streamed a lot of sports through the apps on Apple TV with great success (and an excellent picture) but those apps almost universally require a TV provider login, so it's not really a solution for cord cutters unless you have someone willing to share.

Overall, I really like the streaming experience. I watched a saints game on the fox sports app when we lost signal due to a storm, and it worked flawlessly (except for the fact that I saw the same Hyundai commercial about 5000 times). So I would be fine with streaming as my only option. As for which service was best, I would go with the more mature services (sling, PSVue) just because i would guess they have the kinks worked out. They all have a trial period, I think, and they all seem to be pretty much in the same ballpark price-wise.

I don't have a lot of opinions on the cord cutting services. For a number of reasons, we have direct tv and we are keeping it for the forseeable future.

I've streamed a lot of sports through the apps on Apple TV with great success (and an excellent picture) but those apps almost universally require a TV provider login, so it's not really a solution for cord cutters unless you have someone willing to share.

Overall, I really like the streaming experience. I watched a saints game on the fox sports app when we lost signal due to a storm, and it worked flawlessly (except for the fact that I saw the same Hyundai commercial about 5000 times). So I would be fine with streaming as my only option. As for which service was best, I would go with the more mature services (sling, PSVue) just because i would guess they have the kinks worked out. They all have a trial period, I think, and they all seem to be pretty much in the same ballpark price-wise.

In my experience both Sling and PSVue work well. But, I prefer PSVue because of the content and the interface is better. In addition, PSVue seems to have more On Demand options and the Cloud DVR is great. I don't think Sling currently offers the Cloud DVR, I find their interface clunky, and they seems to have fewer On Demand options. The good news is that they all offer free 7 or 14 day trials so you can test out which group of content and/or interface you like better.

how many hyundais did you end up buying?

In my experience both Sling and PSVue work well. But, I prefer PSVue because of the content and the interface is better. In addition, PSVue seems to have more On Demand options and the Cloud DVR is great. I don't think Sling currently offers the Cloud DVR, I find their interface clunky, and they seems to have fewer On Demand options. The good news is that they all offer free 7 or 14 day trials so you can test out which group of content and/or interface you like better.

hulu tv is pretty good too.

My current setup:

TerrariumTv for Movies and shows (most of what netflix and amazon have)
Mobdro for TV shows/News
Good antenna for broadcasts within 150 mi.
Firstrowsports.eu/Reddit for out of area Saints games when im on the road

I don't pay a penny and am happy with the content

I haven't checked out their live TV yet. Last time I looked they were still int he Beta on live TV.

i haven’t tried psvue yet. directvnow is ok, but either the app sucks on roku, or their service sucks, but that **** stops to cache constantly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom