Is Corner a Reach at 10 Considering not one of them is a Ballhawk? (1 Viewer)

CCL36

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
DRC = 2ints for the year
Leodis = 2ints for the year
Jenkins = 3ints for the year

I think to many people equate INT's with being a successful CB. If you can shutdown the opposing player on the other side of you and keep him out of the endzone, and limit his production, and not give up big plays. That to me is just as if not more important then a guy who snags 8Ints or w.e in a season

How many broken up passes do they have for the year? How many touchdowns allowed? What YPC average did they allow?

DRC = 2ints for the year

in the 2006 season McKenzie only had 2 ints and in the 2007 season he had 3 ints yet he is a shutdown corner can u think of how many huge plays he gave up in two seasons cause i can only think of maybe 2 so ints are not that important skill and how they play is what matters

If they were thrown to 2 times and picked off 2 passes...? One stat does not define this position.

DRC = 2ints for the year

Is that how you equate success?.....if you wanna use stats, you should use PD's instead of Int's and QB Hurries rather than sacks.

Is Corner a Reach at 10 Considering not one of them is a Ballhawk?
McLovin-9 PBU/2 INT

DRC-11 PBU/2 INT

Jenkins-12 PBU/3 INT

Talib-13 PBU/ 5 INT

Not 1 ballhawk?

If you shut your man down so well that the qb can't even attempt to throw in his direction, you will get zero picks and zero knockdowns. Does that mean you stink?

McLovin-9 PBU/2 INT

DRC-11 PBU/2 INT

Jenkins-12 PBU/3 INT

Talib-13 PBU/ 5 INT

Not 1 ballhawk?

For all of the negative talk about Talib, those sure are some impressive numbers.

Champ Bailey - 3 INT's for the year.
Nnamdi Asamougha - 1 INT for the year
Bingo. All of those guys were their team's best defenders and I'd suggest if you want to turn us off all of them you should also tell us how many time's they were targeted.

Talib is a bigger "talker." I think we could use someone on defense who has a little "attitude," and likes to chatter on the field. Hopefully, he backs it up.

Does it matter that both of DRC's int's were returned for TD's?

For all of the negative talk about Talib, those sure are some impressive numbers.

Goes back further too.

As a Soph he broke up 22 passes, with 6 INTs.

And as a redshirt Freshman (I believe he won the job mid way through the season) and had 8 passes defended and 2 INTs.

Thats 43 passes broken up and 13 picks in 3 years, i'd call that ballhawk like.

Also he played WR when they were in a jam and needed a big play so you know he has the hands.

As a So. the first time they used him at WR he caught 1 pass for 42 yds and scored a TD and as a Jr. He cause 8 passes for 182 yds and 4 TD's. The guy has played very well for a few years but Kansas was off the radar for many many seasons until this last one.

I see that one jordy nelson play, and yes it was terrible coverage by Talib. But hey thats one play... what about the rest of these??

But on this board we all say every year, beware of that combine guy that comes outta no where and rises after the combine. Yet it never fails that one guy lights it up at the combine and now the board is full of DRC avatars and sigs etc.

I am convinced Aqib Talib could walk on water, and 80 percent of the posters would say its because he can't swim.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom