IS Davenport really on the hot seat or just bad injury luck? (1 Viewer)

Hot seat for what a larger role? Davenport just needs to stay healthy he will be a Top 5 DE in this league I just wish it’s comes to reality while Cam is still a Top 3 DE

The way Cam is playing, I think he's got another 3 great years in him. I hope so, anyway, because I really want him to get 29 more sacks to become the all-time sack leader. Plus, the dude has just been so great for us.
I hear you on Davenport. It would be nice to have a monster on the other side of Cam. He has flashed it, but he needs to become it.

it seems the defense the last two years isn't as good whenever davenport has been out. There definitely appears to be less pressure coming from the D-line.

A 3rd year rookie that's shown platinum when 100% healthy on the hot seat? LoL!!! I'll take starving for offseason content during a pandemic for 1000 Alec!

I think people should get used to the fact that Davenport isn't going anywhere any time soon.

The upside for this guy is through the roof and he's shown flashes of it. He's made plays crashing down the line that a man that big isn't supposed to make. Just like Rankins when Davenport got injured the dline lost a lot of effectiveness.

If he can get past his little injury bug he's going to be something special!!

He has a streak of nasty up his back that is about a mile wide and you gotta love that about him.

I'm an optimistic guy, so I feel the same way. But even I have my limit, and it's time for Dav to show he can stay healthy.

I'm an optimistic guy, so I feel the same way. But even I have my limit, and it's time for Dav to show he can stay healthy.

I agree and feel the same way about Anzalone. The guy could be a pro bowl player if he could just stay on the field. There are players that make a defense better when they are on the field and Anzalone is one of those players.

Davenport in his 3rd year is a better pass rusher than Cam was in his third year. He has just had some bad with injury luck thus far. Hopefully it's just bad lick and not a physical issue like happens when kids put a lot of weight on their frames in a short period of time. It's was just a few years ago he was a skinny, 180lb WR in HS I think I read.

I feel drafting him cost us 2 games in 2019. You cant put on 50 lbs in 2 years as he did in college, and maintain a healthy body unless you have expert athletic trainers. I doubt he did atTexas at SA. His body was not built to hold the weight he now has and it takes years for his body to adjust. He will always be injury prone. This was a reach by our head coach because he couldnt sign a DE free agent he liked. If we had not drafted him and selected a WR in 2018 and then another TE or WR in 2019 Brees would have had weapons to take down San Fran/Minn. LSU ran the saints offense better than the saints because Brees had only one quality receiver in the offense. So yes it was a mistake to draft him.

I'd put him on the "We're ready for him to really FIRE IT UP seat."

See what I did there? Hot seat? Fire it up? I'll show myself out...

:)

The latest from Guido is that Marcus is healing well. That's the good news. Now, they don't know yet how he will be able to handle the push-off once the real action begins. This was a compounded serious foot injury, linsfranc (??) on top of last year's right foot injury. The coaches are really pleased with the work Davenport has put in this offseason and really want to see him in practice. Guido is saying that this is simply now to wait and see how the foot/toe handle push-off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom