Is Detroit a good football team? Some stats show otherwise. (1 Viewer)

No.

We are going to curb stomp these guys.

Bring on the 610 Stompers!

tumblr_mjrcqkyOon1s7dlpeo1_400.gif

20150419_155503-ANIMATION.gif

The Lions have also allowed 22 passing TD (27th) and a league high 106.4 passer rating.

I'm really trying to figure out how they have kept winning. How have they kept the games close enough to make a comeback?

I guess if you look at alot of our efficiency stats you could ask how we have kept losing. According to FPI we are the 5th-6th best team in football.

Anything can happen on Sunday. However the longer the season goes, the numbers always catch up with you.....eventually.

You are as good as your record right? Has anyone actually believed that? We've seen teams win 10 games for whatever reason only to get trounced in the playoffs. Did anyone really think those teams were good? It's happened to the Falcons before. Not long ago actually where they struggled to beat every opponent only to get bounced right out of the playoffs with home field.

Lets look at Detroit. They are super hot record wise. But how good are they really? Let's take a look.

1. They have the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL to date based off opponents played.

2. Offense is very middle of the pack. They rank 14th in yards per play. One would think assuming we don't have a special teams disaster or multiple offensive turnovers this will not be enough to hang with the Saints offense.

3. Defense is somewhat poor. They are ranked 23rd on defense in yards per play allowed. Yet again this seems like a poor match up for them on paper.

4. They've trailed in every win this year going into the 4th QT. You can say we haven't done much better I guess. However if their strength is scoring in the 4th QT, what about the Saints strength in not allowing TD's in the 2nd half? We've only allowed 1 TD in the 2nd half the last 6 games.

I predict we win this if both teams are even in the turnover battle.
They have the one thing we didn't most of this year. The ability to finish and win close games. We would have at least 4 more wins is we were able to finish.

Another question could be asked: are the Saints consistent enough to beat a 7-4 team? The Saints just need to not mess up. If they make one more special teams gaffe, I am likely to damage something. :rant:

Every game is more important than the last, but this one is pivotal. Win, you live. Lose, your playoff aspirations die. :covri:

[QUOTEWe've only allowed 1 TD in the 2nd half the last 6 games.

Anybody else get happy pants when reading this? I hope the offense comes out gun ablazin, it'd be nice if we take the early lead, hold the lead by at least 1 by halftime and control the game in the second half, I think we win this one 45-31[/QUOTE]

its amazing when thinking how they were the last few years

I knew it.

Tons of saints fans underestimating this team.

Watching nfl network. They even thought Saints would win. Said many things as OP.
Hope that isn't a curse.

[QUOTEWe've only allowed 1 TD in the 2nd half the last 6 games.

Anybody else get happy pants when reading this? I hope the offense comes out gun ablazin, it'd be nice if we take the early lead, hold the lead by at least 1 by halftime and control the game in the second half, I think we win this one 45-31[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the old Ravens SB team.

I knew it.

Tons of saints fans underestimating this team.

I'm not underestimating ANY NFL team.

I'm just not that impressed with the schedule the Lions have played this season.

They've beat up on teams in their own division which has shown to be a pretty weak division this year.

The Saints gut stomped one of the best defenses in football last week and the Lions are nowhere near that good..........:idunno:

Can't let them hang around late in the game. Put them away like we did the Rams.

Anyone else remember couch's post game interview about the hail Mary...."it was neat", I knew right then and there that guy was to soft to amount to the hype they pumped up his *** to be a savior of a franchise lol

God himself can't save the Browns franchise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom