Is devery our #1, #2, #3, or #4 (1 Viewer)

Is Devery henderson a #1, #2, #3, or #4

• #1 ahead of bush and others

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • #2 second only to bush

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • #3 behind bush and colston

Votes: 119 75.3%
  • #4 behind bush, colston, and eric johnson

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no, not a one on one game. Defenses just have to account for some (bush and colston) more than others in the passing game. and i dissagree, i believe that my answer is becoming clearer with each passing moment.

Okay, then assume that a corner covers Bush out of the backfield as a "spy" and a safety always rolls to his side. This means Henderson would get single coverage from a safety or a third cornerback. In that situation, he is the appropriate read to throw the ball to, and he has 88 receptions and bush has 10.

I dont see how that proved anything.

This is a poll with a clear agenda to try and win an argument by slanting the way you ask your question.
you don't like me, fine. but the question is plain. how would you have me ask it? Someone suggest that a #1 reciever on one of the worst offenses in the league should be compared to the third third most accounted for option on the league's number #1 offense .

and you lecture me of fair?! please.

This is a poll with a clear agenda to try and win an argument by slanting the way you ask your question.

i agree.....the question is unclear and throwing bush in there makes no sense.....bush is a RB who happens to have lead the team in receptions.....it does not make him a WR....

uno barro

you don't like me, fine. but the question is plain. how would you have me ask it? Someone suggest that a #1 reciever on one of the worst offenses in the league should be compared to the third third most accounted for option on the league's number #1 offense .

Who said I don't like you? I don't even know you, even as a poster on here. I just thought your whole thread here reeked of being slanted by manipulating the way you worded it. Maybe it's just me. :dunno:

I took the poll as a question to ask where is Devery on a depth chart as a pass catching threat in our arsinal of weapons...obviously, if that's the question, the highest he would be considered is #3. Out of WR's the highest he'd be is #2.

To me, Chambers would be one of our starters. Chambers and Colston are different in their games. Im not sure if you could rank them 1 and 2 because it would be arbitrary. They would both be the starters in a two receiver set. Colston would probably be listed as number 1 because hes already here and not a new addition, but I dont think it would really be an indication as to who is "better." Chambers would be more of the down the field guy, and Colston would be more of the mid range, over the middle, and possession guy. If we had those two, then Henderson would be the number 3 receiver. Bush, is still a RB, and none of this would matter for the number of catches he would get. Only the coaches would really know who has the better "hands." Receptions would be dictated by coverage and situation. Once Chambers was here, he and Henderson could fight it out for number 2, but my opinion is that he would be the number 2 at first. I think thats the type of answer you are looking for. One that covers all scenarios in a logical fashion.

Oh, and by the way, I went to LSU, but Im realistic in my LSU Homerism (see my post on complaining about Homers), so by no means do I think Henderson is great, but he isnt horrible either. All in all, Im glad that we have him as a deep threat.

i beg to differ. it makes perfect sense bush had 88 receptions last year, colston 70, eric johnson's here now and devery only caught 32 balls last year.

the question is simple, is devery our #1 option in the passing game, #2,#3, or #4.

bush's position may be listed as runner but he set a rookie recieving record in last year.

He did set a rookie recieving record, the record was for rookie RB's not just rookies.

Our #1 option in the passing game is the open guy, Drew doesnt care who it is.

He did set a rookie recieving record, the record was for rookie RB's not just rookies.

Seems to be the simple version of my examples! :)

I don't think he's asking who is the #1,#2 WR.....I think he's asking who is #1,#2 recieving threat on our squad........meaning who gives defenses more problems to gameplan for.

I don't think he's asking who is the #1,#2 WR.....I think he's asking who is #1,#2 recieving threat on our squad........meaning who gives defenses more problems to gameplan for.

He is also trying to make a case with this other guy because he thinks we should bring in chambers because he would be better than Henderson. I am not buying. Reggie is the #1 threat any time he touches the ball running or recieving because he can take it to the house, so really he shouldnt even be in the pole regarding WR's, even though he gives his best effort to make it just pass catchers.

Its also all perspective, the Cowboys think its Karney.

funny how that was alway bush and colston more than others . the ebb and flow of the games usually goes as follows: sean payton usually works bush into the game to establish his threat, defenses focus in on him which opens up loads of other options for colston and henders, etc.

funny how that was alway bush and colston more than others . the ebb and flow of the games usually goes as follows: sean payton usually works bush into the game to establish his threat, defenses focus in on him which opens up loads of other options for colston and henders, etc.

Your right, but its not making a case for why Chambers would be better then Henderson. He seems to have improved alot. I am sure he will be much better this year.

He is also trying to make a case with this other guy because he thinks we should bring in chambers because he would be better than Henderson. I am not buying. Reggie is the #1 threat any time he touches the ball running or recieving because he can take it to the house, so really he shouldnt even be in the pole regarding WR's, even though he gives his best effort to make it just pass catchers.

Its also all perspective, the Cowboys think its Karney.

if he were availiable i think he must be considered, but he is not so the point is moot. if he were availiable before the draft do you think that meachem is here and devery is the #2 wr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom