Is devery our #1, #2, #3, or #4 (1 Viewer)

Is Devery henderson a #1, #2, #3, or #4

• #1 ahead of bush and others

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • #2 second only to bush

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • #3 behind bush and colston

Votes: 119 75.3%
  • #4 behind bush, colston, and eric johnson

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your right, but its not making a case for why Chambers would be better then Henderson. He seems to have improved alot. I am sure he will be much better this year.
prowbowler. has devery or even colston?

This guy expected chambers to put up unrealistic numbers on the 7th worst offense in the league minus welker and mcmichael (who accounted for 1400 yards for the dolphins last year) with a one dimensional offense and a suspect line. i was harrassed for two pages about this and decided to start a poll.

Okay, then assume that a corner covers Bush out of the backfield as a "spy" and a safety always rolls to his side. This means Henderson would get single coverage from a safety or a third cornerback. In that situation, he is the appropriate read to throw the ball to, and he has 88 receptions and bush has 10.

I dont see how that proved anything.

except that the safety cannot always do that, when bush must be emphasized as a threat in the running game and due to the fact that the 2nd or 3rd corner would normally be on bush varying on situation and alignment depending on whether he is positioned in the slot or out wide. leaving the 1st corner on colston.

normally when bush is split out, it is in the flats or in the slot so devery would still be paired with with a number two who he obviously did not beat to the tune of 88 receptions last year. chambers could have.

if he were availiable i think he must be considered, but he is not so the point is moot. if he were availiable before the draft do you think that meachem is here and devery is the #2 wr.

Yes because we might take him instead of Patten. Payton drafted the BPA, thats why meachem is here, also because Payton like offense, why else would we draft a RB.

Yes because we might take him instead of Patten. Payton drafted the BPA, thats why meachem is here, also because Payton like offense, why else would we draft a RB.

not as simple as that. the draft is a leverage game where BPA should be weighed versus need at all times. Maybe he takes eric wright in the 1st because it was who he slightly missed in the 2nd or some other defender rated slightly lower than meach in talent because there is a need there.

it would not be as cut-and-dry as just to say BPA in this league or brady quinn never falls to #22.

This still doesnt make any sense to me. The biggest threat in our offensive passing game is the guy we decide utilize in that particular game. Some games, Colston will be more of a threat, some games, it will be reggie, sometimes, its Henderson, now that we have a pass catching TE, it could be Johnson. Hell, in the dallas game, we made Karney into the biggest threat. But IMO, the biggest WR threat on the team is Bush #1, then Devery-#2, just look at how many big TD's these guys had. Ok, Bush only had maybe 2 or 3 last season, but he was a rookie so I expect more from him this season. Devery seemed to always make big plays for TDs.

you don't like me, fine. but the question is plain. how would you have me ask it? Someone suggest that a #1 reciever on one of the worst offenses in the league should be compared to the third third most accounted for option on the league's number #1 offense .

and you lecture me of fair?! please.

Colston, Henderson, Patten, Copper, Moore, Meachem, and then Bush

This still doesnt make any sense to me. The biggest threat in our offensive passing game is the guy we decide utilize in that particular game. Some games, Colston will be more of a threat, some games, it will be reggie, sometimes, its Henderson, now that we have a pass catching TE, it could be Johnson. Hell, in the dallas game, we made Karney into the biggest threat. But IMO, the biggest WR threat on the team is Bush #1, then Devery-#2, just look at how many big TD's these guys had. Ok, Bush only had maybe 2 or 3 last season, but he was a rookie so I expect more from him this season. Devery seemed to always make big plays for TDs.

It's not that hard to understand.

Defenses we face every week gameplan for certain big time players. When they face us, they gameplan for Reggie, Deuce, Brees, Colston and Henderson.........garuanteed. Because of our QB and the play-calling, the open man will always be the person that Brees throws the ball to. But, that doesn't mean the open man is the most dangerous man on the field.

For instance, if Patten has 90 catches this year and Reggie has 50, Reggie is still the person that defenses gameplan for, not Patten, making Reggie the more dangerous threat even though his production is less. I don't know how else to explain it.

im glad to see most people agree that henderson is a capable #2 in our offense.:)

Henderson will have a huge year, barring injury! I'm guessing 55 catches, 1100 yards, 9 TD's!

The fact that Bush had 88 receptions does not mean he is a receiver. He's just a RB who is also a good receiver, but not a wide receiver. Playing with numbers does not make him a "receiver."

Steven Jackson had more receptions than Bush. Does that mean that the Rams' starting RB is a receiver and they have no starting RB?

As a receiver, I would put Henderson #2 but in danger of losing that designation to Lance Moore who catches everything that comes his way. Henderson was doing much better this year before his injury as far as catching the ball goes. Meanwhile, Lance Moore showed he could be the next Colston for the Saints. The man simply does not drop a pass that is catchable. I mean, you can be the fastest man on either team, but if you don't catch the ball, what good are you? Still, I would place him #2 at the WR position behind Colston, with Moore and Patten being a "take your pick" kind of outlook. I would rank them Bush 1 (as a receiving threat), Colston 2, Henderson 3, with Moore and Patten tied for 4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom