Is Drew Brees A Leader? (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Still, making the playoffs in what so far has been a magical season might make an even better story. And Brees said he intends to use his experience to remind his teammates that much unfinished business remains.

"We've accomplished our goals up to this point, but it doesn't get any easier, I promise you," Brees said.

"I've been on teams that have gotten to this point in the season at similar records and have finished 8-8. I've also been on teams that have finished 12-4. The right people know it's not time to sit around and bask in your glory. It's time to work and get better. I don't think we've scratched the surface as far as what kind of team we can be."

Is that a leader, or what? When's the last time you heard a Saint QB talk like that?

Some people have it and others don't. I see it everyday in the real world at work. Now we can really see how lacking AB was in this category.

Gleason said it best;

"There's more leadership at the leadership positions — the head coach and the quarterback specifically," Gleason said. "As a group, this is much more of a team atmosphere. All that being said, it's up to us whether we want to win more than six games this year, which we have the potential to do. We have the pieces in place to be much better than that 2002 6-2 team."

Awsome article.

I heard that the players got the day off on Monday. Except one guy. Who showed up to watch film.

Guess who that was?:D

I heard that the players got the day off on Monday. Except one guy. Who showed up to watch film.

Guess who that was?:D

Not to mention work on his throwing mechanics. One day after the guy has one of the best passing days of his career, he shows up to fine tune his throwing mechanics. Talk about leading by example.

Resisting.......man........crush.......

Not to mention work on his throwing mechanics. One day after the guy has one of the best passing days of his career, he shows up to fine tune his throwing mechanics. Talk about leading by example.

Resisting.......man........crush.......

Actually I think he meant Reggie (though Brees might have been there, I don't know).

Reggie showed up Monday to watch film at the facility.

Actually I think he meant Reggie (though Brees might have been there, I don't know).

Reggie showed up Monday to watch film at the facility.

Ahhhh....indeed.

Yeah there have been a few articles mentioning Brees going to the training facility on Monday to work on his mechanics with the QB coach I believe. I wasn't aware that Reggie went to watch film (that's even better). Thanks for the clarification.

He also credited , his defense, o-line, his wr and rbs for the tampa win. when they asked about his 300 yard performance

Drew is going to be a special QB for a long time. I pray he stays healthy and a Saint for the duration. I'm sure he wants to beat Pittsburg as much as anyone on that team. He is the kind of guy who can pull it off..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom