Is Drew over his interception-itis? (1 Viewer)

It's not like we didn't run it effectively when we do choose to run. We're just not committed to it. Ivory could have had a big game if we would have fed it too him some more.

3.9 YPC on the season for our running game.

Not sure what you consider "effectively", but under 4 YPC with this passing game isn't running effective, IMO.

3.9 YPC on the season for our running game.

Not sure what you consider "effectively", but under 4 YPC with this passing game isn't running effective, IMO.

He's talking about the Cowgirls game. And Ivory got dinged up (as always) if Im not mistaken. Thats why we didnt go back to him.

It's not like we didn't run it effectively when we do choose to run. We're just not committed to it. Ivory could have had a big game if we would have fed it too him some more.

so ivory gets more carries and oops - he gets dinged AGAIN - you're not going to put the lion's share of the inside rushes on reggie in his first game back - so now all you got is julius jones - now dallas drops even more people back

i don't think payton's got the itis again, i think he doesn't completely trust his backs this year (esp backs who can handle the whole playbook)

Wasn't the INT against Dallas off of a tip by Jimmy on a ball he should have caught?Drew has actually made very good decisions and thrown the ball extremely well lately compared to earlier this season.

Yes. I don't see the "interception-itis" being a concern at this time. Drew has been looking really good out there.

He's talking about the Cowgirls game. And Ivory got dinged up (as always) if Im not mistaken. Thats why we didnt go back to him.

Oh.....his verb useage in the first sentence made me think he meant in general.

Gaining 3-5 yards consistently with the run and the turnovers have change the perception of our game. Look at last year we didn`t turn the ball over as much and our run game was way more consistent. Gaining yards consistently with the run lead to the screen plays where it seemed like automatic 10-15 yards last year also the play-action where we gain the big yards or TD`s in the red zone. Also, we can`t forget about the miss catches, penalties, inconsistent play from the OL, WR`s not getting open consistently (with the exception of Colston ) and the offensive Red Zone issues all problems we didn`t have last year. I feel most of the problems have been getting better each game but it`s a possibility the run will remain inconsistent which will lead to more pass plays thos forcing Brees to make a play in turn the percentage of the defense getting an interception rises. So in closing gaining at least 3-5 yards per carry with the run will help put this offense back to blowing teams out.

Uhhg, just having the same amount of INT's ase Palmer makes me uneasy. Im just hoping we can go a good stretch without any.

I think Brees is pressing for whatever reason. possibly because he hasn't had the short throws to RB/PT, so he forces it down the field?

2 INT vs ATL
3 INT vs ARI
4 INT vs CLE

turnovers are killer.

Uhhg, just having the same amount of INT's ase Palmer makes me uneasy. Im just hoping we can go a good stretch without any.

Speaking of which; let's hope Palmer continues his. Looking at a lot of his INTs - they are soft throws, right to the defense, or just bad ones due to a lot of pressure. He's also made some bad ones when he had good protection.
I hope Sharper is out there -we really need to get pressure on Palmer, as that could mean 3-4 INTs for our D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom