Is Drew over his interception-itis? (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I know he had 1 in the Cowgirls game but that was a well thrown ball Jimmy just made a bad play on it.

But Drew went from the Dallas game last year all the way to Week 3 this year without an INT, and it seems like he has averaged 1 or 2 a game since. 15 for the season which puts him right under Brett and Eli for 3rd :covri:

Im just hoping is over this. Because in the post season he was money no throwing any and as we know the turnover ratio is very important. And with our defenses not getting as many TO's as last year we need to do better. Im hoping with Reggie getting back into the fold he wont feel like he has to force things so much.

I hope so.
If you think about it, Drew doesn't like to take a sack, and hates throwing it away - which I completely understand because you get a wasted down and/or lose yards. Sometimes, though, it's just better to live to see another offensive play.

When you have no running game, then its all on Drew. Look at Manning last night. Didint we average 120 yards/game or more last year. The O line has not lived up to their hype this year.

When you have no running game, then its all on Drew. Look at Manning last night. Didint we average 120 yards/game or more last year. The O line has not lived up to their hype this year.

It's not like we didn't run it effectively when we do choose to run. We're just not committed to it. Ivory could have had a big game if we would have fed it too him some more.

It's not like we didn't run it effectively when we do choose to run. We're just not committed to it. Ivory could have had a big game if we would have fed it too him some more.

I agree, but there is still time to commit to it. I mean, I look at games like Dallas, Seattle, and Tampa, where we ran well, and came out on top in all three. The play-action was $$$$$ in all those games. Let's keep it going.

drew & peyton will always have their share of interceptions because they try to fit the ball into tight spots... more than not, their accuracy makes that aggressiveness pay off. so it's well worth it for both teams.

I really believe his knee was bothering him more than we knew (imagine that with Payton's injury reports).

I agree, but there is still time to commit to it. I mean, I look at games like Dallas, Seattle, and Tampa, where we ran well, and came out on top in all three. The play-action was $$$$$ in all those games. Let's keep it going.

I agree there's still time. At this point of the season it seems unlikely. We need to run it more over these last 5 game in cause we have to play in a cold weather game in the playoffs.

I'd be willing to bet 30-35% of his INTs are tipped balls... possibly more.

We did not run well against Dallas (after the 1st quater). We were averaging more yards from scrimmage last year on the runs. The holes are just not there.

2 or 3 by Betts alone.

When you're as accurate as Brees, Manning and Brady, you are more confident throwing it into tight spots so I suppose it's more of a live by the sword kinda thing.

Some interceptions are good to be honest. Interceptions are the signs of a great playmaker. I mean you don't want games like Arizona and Cleveland of course but, you get it. And I disagree about us just not commiting to the run early in the season our run game was AWFUL and we did try to run it. And this is a passing team balance is overrated even last year most of the running was late in the games during blowouts. I don't mean for us to play throw as often as Peyton has been throwing it lately but, we have a good run pass ratio right now.

In the end I think all of it starts with the oline now stepping up.

Wasn't the INT against Dallas off of a tip by Jimmy on a ball he should have caught?Drew has actually made very good decisions and thrown the ball extremely well lately compared to earlier this season.

Yeah even Chris Carter himself said 50% of INT's are the receivers fault. Though I think he has had some pretty bad INT's mid season that where on him but, the ones lately haven't been his fault.

Wasn't the INT against Dallas off of a tip by Jimmy on a ball he should have caught?Drew has actually made very good decisions and thrown the ball extremely well lately compared to earlier this season.

The pass to Graham was perfect. The one at Carolina was off Meach's hands.. then 1 or 2 at Arizona, Browns, etc.

When Drew has a pass tipped it's almost always intercepted.. when we tip/deflect a pass it finds a hole to fall to ground :rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom