Is Edelman a HOF Reciever (Recently just announced retirement) (1 Viewer)

Is Edelman a HOF Player

• yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • no

Votes: 151 83.0%
  • tacoes

Votes: 14 7.7%

• Total voters

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Id say yes after taking over Wes Welkers role he had 108 receptions in 14 postseason games. His postseason career total of 118 catches is second to Jerry Rice's total of 151. Granted his regular season numbers arent real high, but when it counted the most he came through in the postseason. Including that legendary shoestring catch that helped The Patriots rally and beat the Falcons.

Yes but not on the first ballot. Unfortunately he wasn't the most marketable player and that matter somewhat. But his performance against Seattle and Falcon in the Super Bowl put him a lock for the hall of fame.

Yes, and he needs to be a Saint in 2021.
I was looking up Gronks numbers for comparison sake in 20 full games that Gronk started he caught 89 passes. Granted he caught a ton of TDs. But i find it insane 2013 on in only 14 games Edelman dwarfed those catch numbers.

Then i checked out Rice's post season numbers it took him 29 starts to get his 151 receptions which is very great but Edelman was on pace for well over 200 in 29 starts which is mindboggling

If Wes Welker hasn't gotten in yet I doubt Edelman will ever get in. It'll have to be several years after he's eligible if he does. I know Welker has only been eligible for a couple years but it seems like he might have to wait a while.

It's going to be difficult because of the position he plays. How many times did he get to the pro-bowl?

He was a good receiver but wasn’t in the caliber of the receivers that are in the hall of fame but let’s test,,,,,, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Edelman.......one doesn’t belong. everybody can have their own opinions and can believe what ever they want. I don’t believe he is in the same class as those hall of famers and in my opinion not even close

He was a good receiver but wasn’t in the caliber of the receivers that are in the hall of fame but let’s test,,,,,, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Edelman.......one doesn’t belong. everybody can have their own opinions and can believe what ever they want. I don’t believe he is in the same class as those hall of famers and in my opinion not even close
+100. Very good player, not even close to a HOF receiver.

If Wes Welker hasn't gotten in yet I doubt Edelman will ever get in. It'll have to be several years after he's eligible if he does. I know Welker has only been eligible for a couple years but it seems like he might have to wait a while.

^

Wes Welker gets a lot of criticism because of his post season performance. The stats don't lie. Welker>Edelman

Welker also essentially created the role Edelman filled. Edelman says it himself.

Of course not. People were asking the same thing about Wes Welker being a possible HOFer at the end of his career. See how ridiculous that sounds today? Give it 5 years and people will forget Julian Edelman ever existed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom