Is Fairley a High Risk, Potential Byrd and Browner Type Resign??? (1 Viewer)

Can't really compare the three. Fairley played outstanding in his only year here (so far). Byrd didn't do squat until this year and Browner, well Browner was just horrendous.

Fairley has been vetted as well as a player can be. We know exactly what he is. I'm comfortable we won't over pay him or find any surprise injuries or character problems.

Fairley is now a win-win. If we re-sign him, it means the coaches like him and his asking price is fair. If we don't re-sign him, it means they know something we don't, or he is not worth his asking price.

Resign- [ri-zahyn] V. To give up office or position, often formally

Re-sign - [ree-sahyn] V. To sign again; To renew a contract.

That's got to be the most common error on SR. Irks me for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resign- [ri-zahyn] V. To give up office or position, often formally

Re-sign - [ree-sahyn] V. To sign again; To renew a contract.

My mom was an English teacher. She used to send me emails just like you did here. My mom is now dead. I don't miss her grammar emails :hihi:

But thanks for making me a better man. I say the same thing to my wife before I head out to get blitzed on Friday after work!

My mom was an English teacher. She used to send me emails just like you did here. My mom is now dead. I don't miss her grammar emails :hihi:

But thanks for making me a better man. I say the same thing to my wife before I head out to get blitzed on Friday after work!

Unfortunately, I can't help myself.

As an educator, I hear all day from people that we teachers don't do our jobs. When we try to, we get red thumbed by a lot of the same people that complain. Being a good teacher is a calling. It's just a calling that is almost totally unappreciated. Here in Mississippi, our legislature is actually proposing a bill that is supported by our state leadership that would take away ALL funding formulas for our public schools, meaning that if they chose so, they wouldn't be required to fund anything. Right now, state law mandates a particular funding formula be used to fund our schools, a law that has been BROKEN by our state leadership all but two years since its passage in 1997. The formula is known as the Mississippi Adequate Education Program. ADEQUATE. The minimum amount needed to provide an ADEQUATE education. It has averaged being underfunded by $200m
Nearly every year, while we are told the funds aren't there. Meanwhile, the Governor and Legislature give hundreds of millions in corporate grants and tax breaks. They even put $450m into a rainy day fund two years ago. Now, we have a deficit. NOT because of overspending, but because of huge corporate tax breaks to companies like Nissan who paid no taxes for ten years per an agreement with the state to come here. Our governor extended that multimillion dollar break for another ten years, and then complains there is no money. We are indeed being run by a confederacy of fools.

/rant which should be on EE board.

Mods, please feel free to move. Thanks, Swimmer, for allowing me to vent.

Back on subject.
Really hope they resign Fairly.
Hope he isn't asking for to much.
I just hope there is little to no dead money involved.

That's got to be the most common error on SR. Irks me for some reason.

what irks me the most is when giving stats, people write like 25 for 32, 300 yards. Shouldn't it be 25 of 32?

what irks me the most is when giving stats, people write like 25 for 32, 300 yards. Shouldn't it be 25 of 32?

Probably, but it's common place in basketball and baseball to use "for". Doesn't make it correct, but it's the norm.

Easy to make this decision by stats and desire, but the persons off the field behavior and actions in the locker room is something we do not see. This is where the coaches have the advantage. Let's hope they learned from some decisions in the past.

Unfortunately, I can't help myself.

As an educator, I hear all day from people that we teachers don't do our jobs. When we try to, we get red thumbed by a lot of the same people that complain. Being a good teacher is a calling. It's just a calling that is almost totally unappreciated. Here in Mississippi, our legislature is actually proposing a bill that is supported by our state leadership that would take away ALL funding formulas for our public schools, meaning that if they chose so, they wouldn't be required to fund anything. Right now, state law mandates a particular funding formula be used to fund our schools, a law that has been BROKEN by our state leadership all but two years since its passage in 1997. The formula is known as the Mississippi Adequate Education Program. ADEQUATE. The minimum amount needed to provide an ADEQUATE education. It has averaged being underfunded by $200m
Nearly every year, while we are told the funds aren't there. Meanwhile, the Governor and Legislature give hundreds of millions in corporate grants and tax breaks. They even put $450m into a rainy day fund two years ago. Now, we have a deficit. NOT because of overspending, but because of huge corporate tax breaks to companies like Nissan who paid no taxes for ten years per an agreement with the state to come here. Our governor extended that multimillion dollar break for another ten years, and then complains there is no money. We are indeed being run by a confederacy of fools.

/rant which should be on EE board.

Mods, please feel free to move. Thanks, Swimmer, for allowing me to vent.

Hey MSSaintsfan! Love your passion and commitment. Don't change Brother. Just take the Red Thumbs with Honor! Who Dat

OMG- the thread is being hijacked by the grammar police. Heck, they are Who Dat Brothers and Sisters. We gotta love em. Maybe there Mothers didn't :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom