Is Fred Thomas still a Saint? (1 Viewer)

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I was always a fan...then he had an off year, but was not cut the next. I kind of wanted to see him again last year when David was struggling. What is his story?

He was on the roster last year but spent all of it inactive. I believe he's an UFA this year. It's actually a real shame how his career as a Saint ended. He deserved better. His "escape" from nearly being signed by the Eagles is the stuff of legend. Thank you Freddy T. O' great defender with the giant Q Tip hand.......

I wonder where he'll end up or if he'll just retire. He could probably help somebody as a nickel or dime back.

the fact that he wasn't even activated for a game the way Jason David played pretty much sums up the end of his career as a Saint. I wish him well and personally would rather us keep him over David.

Thank you Freddy T for giving us everything you had, even after you gave us everything you had. I don't hold any ill feelings towards you. I remember years when the entire defense was horrible and did not give their full effort, you were the only bright spot, the only guy giving everything when everyone else was just there for a check doing only the minimum they could get by doing. I noticed, and I appreciate it. When age progressed and skills declined, we were forced to put you in very tough situations, becuase we had no one else. In a perfect world, we would have had someone else and let you go off in to the sunset as a Nickle. That didn't happen and you gave your best anyway, even if it fell short, you owned up to it. Not many of the fans appreciated you at all. I do, and once again thank you.

Thank you Freddy T for giving us everything you had, even after you gave us everything you had. I don't hold any ill feelings towards you. I remember years when the entire defense was horrible and did not give their full effort, you were the only bright spot, the only guy giving everything when everyone else was just there for a check doing only the minimum they could get by doing. I noticed, and I appreciate it. When age progressed and skills declined, we were forced to put you in very tough situations, becuase we had no one else. In a perfect world, we would have had someone else and let you go off in to the sunset as a Nickle. That didn't happen and you gave your best anyway, even if it fell short, you owned up to it. Not many of the fans appreciated you at all. I do, and once again thank you.

that was very nicely said.

Yea ditto on that. Always been a Freddie fan.

Whenever Freddy T.'s ready to retire, I'd love for the Saints to sign him to a one day contract so he can retire a Saint. I have no ill feelings towards Fred whatsoever.

I wonder where he'll end up or if he'll just retire. He could probably help somebody as a nickel or dime back.

Maybe a high school. Its time to retire, its been a decent career until the last few years. Big heart though, gotta respect that.

Freddie will always be a Saint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom