Is it better to DVR the game or listen live on radio (1 Viewer)

brungart

nittany saint
Reaction score
I can't believe this worked out this way but I will be on my way back from Houston from jamming with my some and Imagination movers. My question is do I record the game and turn off all text notifacations and watch it when I get home OR do I try to listen to it on the radio when I get close enough to pick up a Saint carring radio station. Why couldn't we be playing the Raiders or Rams this week.

Hi fellow Nittany Lion (Class of 87 here)...I would submit to a media black-out and watch the game on DVR when you get home.

Since it sounds like you control the ability for people to ruin the game, I would DVR it. If for some reason you think someone could tell you the score just listen on the radio and watch it when you get home.

Me personally, when possible I go with the complete media/friend blackout and wait to watch the game on TV.

Having had to listen to a few games on WWL in the past (we get it all the way here in SE texas) because the game wasn't on locally, I can tell you it's still a great experience and almost as good as watching it on TV. You begin to visualize the game because Henderson does a very good job of painting the picture, so you never feel lost.

Personally, I probably couldn't wait. I'd listen to it and watch it later if we won.

Im with Shibby, Listen to it on the way and watch it at home. Id go freakin nuts if I knew a game was on when I was traveling and not listen to it.

Tough call. I use to record the games when I would play golf on Sunday and treat it like a live game afterward but there are too many people you have to avoid to not know the outcome and ruin it for you. Why not leave Houston around mid morning, find a sportsbar around noon and watch it and then drive the rest of the way home?

I have tried the record and watch later routine but have yet to actually make it through a game without listening in at some point.

I say listen and then watch it if we win. If it's a loss, destroy the evidence and claim it never happened.

On a funny side note, by grandfather used to record all Braves games and then watch them later, only if they won. He also would only watch the half innings where the Braves were pitching unless he knew the Braves had scored a run in the other half, and then he would watch that as well. I guess he kinda turned his old Beta into a precurser of the DVR. I also remember watching Saints games back when there wasn't that much chance they were going to win, so my dad and I would turn the game on and put the radio on the local jazz station. Much easier to deal with a loss while listening to Coltrane.

I'd listen to the game on your trip --- it's gonna make the drive fly by. If you don't listen to the game, that drive is gonna feel loooooooooooong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom