Is it better to DVR the game or listen live on radio (2 Viewers)

Having had to listen to a few games on WWL in the past (we get it all the way here in SE texas) because the game wasn't on locally, I can tell you it's still a great experience and almost as good as watching it on TV. You begin to visualize the game because Henderson does a very good job of painting the picture, so you never feel lost.

Personally, I probably couldn't wait. I'd listen to it and watch it later if we won.

Right on! I've always thought Henderson does a great job explaining the action. When I go back and watch the game I feel like I've see it before. He even says which direction the teams are playing like left to right or right to left. He is THE BEST!

Listen ... then watch. The Saints broadcasters are usually objective in covering the team. Sure they're homers, but if a guy sucks, they say so. If the coach shouldn't have thrown the red flag or called an ill-advised screen play, they say so.

I wish I could DVR the radio and sync up the video with the radio call.. that delay kills me.

I say listen and deal with it in real time. The last time I tried the DVR thing was the Saints/Bucs game at the Superdome in 2004. I kept fast forwarding and skipping as mistake after mistake led to the inevitable meltdown. It wasn't pleasant. I think I could have coped better in real time.

I'd say go with the DVR. Turn off the cell phone and enjoy some commercial free shalacking of the Giants when you get home.

I do have to agree with bonchie and say that WWL radio is exceptional to listen to, though.

That sportsync device is nifty, but I wish there was an easy way to dub WWL over the video of the game so I could record both while simultaneously bypassing Aikman or some other dimwit announcer...hmm...must build that HomeTheatre PC...

I'd say go with the DVR. Turn off the cell phone and enjoy some commercial free shalacking of the Giants when you get home.

I do have to agree with bonchie and say that WWL radio is exceptional to listen to, though.

That sportsync device is nifty, but I wish there was an easy way to dub WWL over the video of the game so I could record both while simultaneously bypassing Aikman or some other dimwit announcer...hmm...must build that HomeTheatre PC...

You can hook up your sportsync radio to the audiojacks on your TV, it even comes with a cable. That's not insanely hard to do.

Since it sounds like you control the ability for people to ruin the game, I would DVR it. If for some reason you think someone could tell you the score just listen on the radio and watch it when you get home.

^^ This. I turn my cell off on Sunday's of away games when we don't get home in time for the start of the game.

I haven't used one yet, my brother and I always talk about getting one. But if you do let me know how it works for you :)

I think it would be cool. but I'm pretty lazy when it comes to having to order something. I saw they carry it at Dicks but they don't have any in Lafayette

You can hook up your sportsync radio to the audiojacks on your TV, it even comes with a cable. That's not insanely hard to do.

Agreed. The problem would be that TiVO/DVR won't accept an external audio source to dub over the TV Channel that it is recording. Your idea would certainly work for VCR recording, though.

The constant non-sellout home games of the mid to late 90s got me used to listening to the games on the radio. As others said, jim henderson really does paint a picture for you. On the other hand, i was in the same situation as you week 1 against the lions, and i just decided to keep my foot on the gas the whole time and made the houston-no trip in 4hrs 53min. A personal record and i reached home during halftime!

If you can control yourself unlike me (and also not let anyone ruin it for you), I would wait and watch it later on. Personally I can't wait, I will usually listen and still watch the game later too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom