Is it just me or has every game been the exact same for 3 years? (1 Viewer)

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Scripted 15 goes great
Fall behind
Get within reach
50/50 chance we'll fall on our face.

There have definitely been exceptions, but I feel as if 90% of our games end up this way. It is driving me insane. When will it change?

Most of our road games have went that way, yeah.

We tend to just blow leads at home.

Scripted 15 goes great
Fall behind
Get within reach

There have definitely been exceptions, but I feel as if 90% of our games end up this way. It is driving me insane. When will it change?
its Groundhog Day.

Part of it is in all this time we have only one way to win. Drew has to pull it out.

Defense isn't going to make the big play to shift the momentum or get us an easy score. Neither will special teams. We are one dimensional year after year so these games often feel exactly the same, with hope the offense will pull it out and resignation that the other two phases won't make a difference. You sit there knowing your only hope is if the offense plays flawlessly and Drew lights it up.

It's kind of getting boring.

Scripted 15 goes great
Fall behind
Get within reach

Pretty much spot on.

When a team in neither talented nor deep-- they tend to falter as the game goes on.

I really don't understand how, defensively, we're never in position to capitalize. RBs and TEs constantly running wide open. I know we're injured, but this was an issue beforehand.

its Groundhog Day.

Part of it is in all this time we have only one way to win. Drew has to pull it out.

Defense isn't going to make the big play to shift the momentum or get us an easy score. Neither will special teams. We are one dimensional year after year so these games often feel exactly the same, with hope the offense will pull it out and resignation that the other two phases won't make a difference. You sit there knowing your only hope is if the offense plays flawlessly and Drew lights it up.

It's kind of getting boring.

Drew lit it up and we still lost.

Drew lit it up and we still lost.
I said "flawless", plus Drew lights it up.

The turnovers and the sqibbed kickoff that gave them another FG were enough to negate everything, since we have so little else beyond Drew that can help us win.

2014-2016 have been pretty identical so far, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't understand how, defensively, we're never in position to capitalize. RBs and TEs constantly running wide open. I know we're injured, but this was an issue beforehand.

No threat of pressure and any NFL QB will pick you apart. I will also add that we are slow at all three levels. Not nearly enough speed to contend with modern NFL offenses.

Brees was very good and overall a well balanced offensive effort wasted by an unfortunate INT, a punched out fumble, key penalties (thanks Fairley) and the usual defensive failure to make a stop when absolutely needed.

No threat of pressure and any NFL QB will pick you apart. I will also add that we are slow at all three levels. Not nearly enough speed to contend with modern NFL offenses.

Last week Gruden pointed it out on commentary during a tipped pass, saying something to the extent of:

"usually you'd see a defender in that area to take it the other way."

Today you saw BW Webb just out of reach of one.

How are we always just steps away from a big play. It's hard to tell from TV, is it just bad luck, or are we constantly out of position? It seems like once the ball is snapped, our back 7 are 20 yards deeper than the front 4.

Last week Gruden pointed it out on commentary during a tipped pass, saying something to the extent of:

"usually you'd see a defender in that area to take it the other way."

Today you saw BW Webb just out of reach of one.

How are we always just steps away from a big play. It's hard to tell from TV, is it just bad luck, or are we constantly out of position? It seems like once the ball is snapped, our back 7 are 20 yards deeper than the front 4.

It is not bad luck when it happens over and over and over again.

The players faces change, but the results have been the same year in and year out.

I'm going to venture a guess that the players aren't the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom