Is it just me thats scared to draft a DT (1 Viewer)

Shake the fear!!!! Ellis and Dorsey both look like the real deal and will collapse the middle of opposing O-lines.

Believe it!

But to answer the question. Draftinh DT scares the crap out of me, Especially in the top 10.

Hang on, you just said if we were to draft Ellis or Dorsey (the only DTs we'd think about drafting at #10... I hope) you wouldn't be scared. What's the deal?

Of course for the sake of my sanity, I'm telling myself and anyone else who will listen that they'll both be gone at #10. So unless we trade up (oh $%&£ there I am, hoping, again) then we won't get either!!

Of course for the sake of my sanity, I'm telling myself and anyone else who will listen that they'll both be gone at #10. So unless we trade up (oh $%&£ there I am, hoping, again) then we won't get either!!

I had rather draft Cromartie and trade back up to get Laws. The Saints potentially get two special players instead of one.

I sm but then sgsin I do not think thst either Dorsey Ellis or Laws will turn out like that. Balmer onthe other hand..........:eek:

If Dorsey or Ellis are there at 10 we have to pick 'em, but as far as Laws and Balmer they should be a nice 2nd round pick if need be.

I also like Pat Sims, Red Bryant, and Frank Okam which are just big guys who we may be able to get in the 3rd.

I'm all for Rivers at the 10 spot. Just say no to DRC

I am not sold on Dorsey. The hype that Dorsey got was amazing however, I believe that it was based on his play as a junior. During this season I did not notice a big drop in the defensive production of LSU when Dorsey was not in the game. I like Dorsey's attitude and hope he dominates the NFL.
I also agree that DT could be addressed in later rounds. DRC should be the pick at 10 if he is available.

I share the same resignation. I've kinda already played off Dorsey I think that most of the mock drafter have it right with him going in the top 5 of the draft. Ellis on the otherhand from what I've watched is a beast and not to mention Coach O's recruited talen. I think the saints are gonna play it up to get ellis or bust I just get that vibe from all the information I hear. DRC would be amazing with the caliber of talent he is but for some reason I think his draft status might fall right before draft day as Free agency raps up. We all want to think defense but I have a sneaking suspicion that all this defense talk and the Free agency moves might be a smokescreen for some crazy offensive player move. Either way my hope is that we get ellis

So what offensive player did you have in mind?

I had rather draft Cromartie and trade back up to get Laws. The Saints potentially get two special players instead of one.

I don't know if I'd rather that scenario, considering we should still be able to pick up someone like Brandon Flowers in the 2nd. But to be honest, if those were the two options, the first first day of the draft would have worked out brilliantly for N.O.

Hang on, you just said if we were to draft Ellis or Dorsey (the only DTs we'd think about drafting at #10... I hope) you wouldn't be scared. What's the deal?

Meaning if it werent Ellis and Dorsey, I'd be scared.

Normally, top rated DT's are sure bets. But I feel strongly that Dorsey and Ellis will be great pros. Meaning, I would have to be truly convinced that a DT is worth the slot, at the 10th pick.

Truly,

The only DT I would have drafted in the past 15 years, as a top 10 pick would have been Sapp. He was a beast at Miami, and it was completely obvious that his game would translate over into the pro game, due to his blend of quickness, strenght, and ability to apply pressure.

Last edited:
I am not sold on Dorsey. The hype that Dorsey got was amazing however, I believe that it was based on his play as a junior. During this season I did not notice a big drop in the defensive production of LSU when Dorsey was not in the game. I like Dorsey's attitude and hope he dominates the NFL.
I also agree that DT could be addressed in later rounds. DRC should be the pick at 10 if he is available.

You didn't notice a drop because LSU is stacked! They have future first rounders playing behind future first rounders! seriously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom