Is it me or does Dez look SSLOOOWWWW? (1 Viewer)

All I can say is the DB "covering" him sold the hell out of that second cut. Looked like when a basketball player/bad actor gets juked in a commercial or movie by some lead actor who looks like he's never played basketball in his life.

On a more serious note, I wouldn't read too much into his speed here. He never was a change of direction guy and he's still recovering if he gave a two week notice. He's not fully ready yet, but he's not going to be a game changer at this point in his career anyway. I think he has a shot to contribute though.

If the Saints sign Dez, and that is a big if, they will give him 4 or 5 plays and only use him in the red zone and on 3rd down. Signing him just doesn’t seem likely at this point unless the staff thinks he can be a viable red zone threat going into the playoffs.

no he was fast and more importantly strong, hard for a small db to cover without being bumped to the ground

To be fair, he’s a possession receiver most infamous for his drops ?.

But we’ve seen what Drew and Payton have done for Ginn. So maybe they can correct Dez’s hands Too
I think we throw Ginn out there to run a route and then have Dez come in right afterwards and run the same route to throw off the timing of the DB. Kind of like a changeup.

Of all the clips he has of himself running routes this is the one he posts to show 32 teams he’s almost ready. In other words this is the best of his route running. I’ll admit I was excited at the possibility of signing him but it’s probably time to move on.

I didn't think it was that bad especially considering he is relying on that popped Achilles for those cuts.

Lol I was expecting to see something like that video of Kelvin Benjamin running his sundial routes looking 20 pounds overweight.

I like Dez and the energy he brings. But let's be real. It took a lot going wrong last season for the Saints to sign Dez. He barely made it on the squad. Then he tears his achilles, and injury that it is very difficult to return from with the same explosiveness. Sure...a like Emmanuel Sanders could do it because he has won throughout his career by other means than explosion. When Dez was good, it was almost completely due to his size/strength/explosiveness. He never had good hands, and he was a mediocre route runner. I would be very surprised if he is as good this year as he was last year, when he barely made the squad. Unfortunately, I think that the Saints are pretty much what they are at WR. Hopefully TQS can prove to be a serviceable #3 WR.

Dude takes like 3 yards per step..

Dude isnt slow.. I mean hes not like blazing up the field but he is a big body.. contest the ball wr.. so his speed hasnt fallen off.. if that's what you are implying.

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71. So there's that. The question is can the guy get open? In a downgraded role, I think he can more times than not

Yeah at the NFL combine maybe. Rice had a 2nd gear the league had never seen before. Same goes for his play at Miss Valley St.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Jerry had football speed.

I'd rather bring up Emmanuel Butler from the practice squad. Dez cannot help our situation; time to move on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom