Is it me or does Dez look SSLOOOWWWW? (1 Viewer)

It's just a sloppy route. I wouldn't post that as the "I'm ready tweet". He's rounding off his cuts and doesnt get his hips down when changing direction. That ankle may still not be right. But, I'm still for bringing him in and to see what he's got.

Sean already said that he wasn’t in our plans during the summer, granted that could easily change if they feel he is recovered.

That cut back to the left look slow and dreadful, he’s always been a below average route runner which really hurts a guy who doesn’t have decent speed. But, if he’s good to go I’m all for a workout to see what he’s got.

Maybe? Too much of a definitive assessment to make from a 7 second video clip.
He was consistently a top tier WR at one point. I just can't imagine all that talent and savvy to be completely gone as some make it out to be.

Jason Witten at 37 years/old was sitting at a desk for a year, got up a year later, put pads on, and now has 34 recs, 12 1st downs, and averages 8.9 yrds/catch in 8 games.

If that is possible, I can't see how Dez would just be a complete bum at this point.

He may be able to be utilized as a receiving TE at this point in his career. Has anyone made that transition before?

I think what you're seeing is a lack of suddenness. With it, a slow straight-line receiver can get separation. Without it...eh...

Jerry Rice ran a 4.71. So there's that. The question is can the guy get open? In a downgraded role, I think he can more times than not

A role with Thomas on the other side of the field would certainly be different than what he has ever seen before. Whether that is enough to offset the years and the injury, I'll leave to coach to decide. I have perfect faith in these guys to get the team in the best possible position for this run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom