Is it possible in free agency (1 Viewer)

Louisibama

whodat?????we dat!!!!!
Reaction score
Do you guys think Mickey Loomis could scrap thru his money bag enough to get these guys out of free agency or am I stretching too far. And is this team of free agents the right picks to fix up our defense. Who would u guys add and delete from my list.

Donte hightower
AJ bouye
Nick fairly
Zach brown
Jarvis Jones
Trumaine johnson

Do you guys think Mickey Loomis could scrap thru his money bag enough to get these guys out of free agency or am I stretching too far. And is this team of free agents the right picks to fix up our defense. Who would u guys add and delete from my list.

Donte hightower
AJ bouye
Nick fairly
Zach brown
Jarvis Jones
Trumaine johnson

I don't think there's any way we'll get both Bouye and Johnson. We'll be lucky to get one of them. Same for Hightower and Brown.

I hate to say it, but I think Fairley is a goner. He had his best season of his career and even though he says he wants to stay, this is his last chance at a big contract. I don't think we'll get into a bidding war for him with Rankins, Davison, and Onyemata on the roster.

Not even Loomis can "make that happen".

Those two corners alone are going to be too high. I'd say sign Melvin Ingram and Dre Kirkpatrick and the rest could be built through the draft.

Those two corners alone are going to be too high. I'd say sign Melvin Ingram and Dre Kirkpatrick and the rest could be built through the draft.

I hope not. Give me Bouye or Johnson over Ingram all day long.

It's a huge wishlist but if bouye and hightower make the cut in fine but I think we could get at least three of those guys to help defense

I don't think there's any way we'll get both Bouye and Johnson. We'll be lucky to get one of them. Same for Hightower and Brown.

I hate to say it, but I think Fairley is a goner. He had his best season of his career and even though he says he wants to stay, this is his last chance at a big contract. I don't think we'll get into a bidding war for him with Rankins, Davison, and Onyemata on the roster.

Not even Loomis can "make that happen".
I would be fine with the first three on the list and draft the best d.e available

I would be fine with the first three on the list and draft the best d.e available

I'm sure everybody would. That's still a tall order. I'd be ecstatic if we could just land Bouye alone. If we could add Hightower or Brown along with a top corner, that would be perfection IMO. Even if we lose Fairley.

With the cap room we have this year we could sign Fairley, (Bouye, Johnson, or Kirkpatrick), and (Brown or Hightower) Maybe even get Ingram as well. Just gotta be smart with the wording and back load a bit. Then the rest in the draft.

Point is to go all in the next 2-3 years cause that's our window right there.

With the cap room we have this year we could sign Fairley, (Bouye, Johnson, or Kirkpatrick), and (Brown or Hightower) Maybe even get Ingram as well. Just gotta be smart with the wording and back load a bit. Then the rest in the draft.

that is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe juggle a lot of multiple years on some proven talent that hasn't quite seen a peek of there career for a better future

Donte hightower
AJ bouye
Nick fairly
Zach brown
Jarvis Jones
Trumaine johnson

I imagine our priority would be to resign Fairly. After that, I think we'd be lucky to be able to sign one of those dudes on your list. I'd personally want to see us target Logan Ryan or Tru Johnson. Nick Perry or Melvin Ingram would be nice too.

Hate to bust everyone's bubble, but you gotta remember that there are 20 teams with more cap space than us. Lot of teams gonna be paying thru the a** for middle of the road players. Plus, we lead the league in dead money again. Loomis may have to Loomis again.

Donte hightower
AJ bouye
Nick fairly
Zach brown
Jarvis Jones
Trumaine johnson

Maybe possible but honestly I wouldn't do that. 2009 we had a lot of the same defenders on defensive but added #42 he was considered way pass his prime and a new DC. Defense relies heavily as playing as a team. I think the turnover rate is out biggest issue. They need to play together. Know where each person is. And adding new additions prevent that from happening. That's why drafting is so important so players can get reps together

Imagine yourself as a fan and GM of the Cleveland Browns. They have 100 million cap space and are saying the same thing.

while a lot of teams have more cap money than us, many of them wave to re-sign their own players. that will even things a bit

I think Tru Johnson and Ingram would be amazing. But that's huge money. There goes all the cap space

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom