is it possible our team can break this record? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
looking around the nfl website
at the records this one jumped out at me
most touchdowns scored in a single game is 10 the last time it was accomplished was 1966

do we play anyone that bad that we could as a team(offense,defense,and special teams) score that much

highly doubt it

figuring all the XPs are good, that would be 70 points. to tie it.

it'd have to be a freakishly bad team that we'd play, and possibly a completely ridiculous shootout (ie 70-62 final) to get that close to it.

though i'm sure Payton will have us break our team record for points (51) by season's end for sure

We probably could have done it several times in the past but we aren't like the Patriots and just run up the score.

You would have to try to do it and they won't for the same reason they did not try to score in the last 2 minutes today. Class. They are capable but it won't be necessary.

looking around the nfl website
at the records this one jumped out at me
most touchdowns scored in a single game is 10 the last time it was accomplished was 1966

do we play anyone that bad that we could as a team(offense,defense,and special teams) score that much

No. Not really reasonable consider how the NFL operates these days. We'd have to score like 40+ the first half and then get most of the rest off special teams and defense.

Possible, but not remotely predictable. It would be a fluke

70 pts, I duno it's possible especially with Brunell in there in place of Brees... and the Hamilton running the ball... cause you've got to think that Brees and Bell/Thomas are getting benched after 40 unanswered points (or less)

how about most net yardage record from the 2000 rams 7,075
is this record doable by this team

The only record that I am worried about breaking is the one that says we haven't won a Super Bowl. Let's break that record.

Record net points is possible. 78 so far = 312 for 16 games.

2007 Pats had 315 net points.

I put a $20 bet at the start of the year that a team in the NFL would hit 57 points this season...Basically a bet on the Saints

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom