Is it really fixed? To quote Bugs Bunny... (1 Viewer)

The Saints called one of them out in 2018 and made the whole group look bad. They will never forget. Just look at the PI review rule in 2019. Every refs were on it and it lasted for 1 year.
I think this is a big part of it. The Nola no call put refereeing on the spot to the point that the league made PI subject to review. There was a ton of talk in the media leading up to the Super Bowl. The rule didn’t last long, but their little hurt feelings obviously haven’t been cured, and this is their way of evening the score with the Saints.

I think this is a big part of it. The Nola no call put refereeing on the spot to the point that the league made PI subject to review. There was a ton of talk in the media leading up to the Super Bowl. The rule didn’t last long, but their little hurt feelings obviously haven’t been cured, and this is their way of evening the score with the Saints.
It’s human nature.

if the league ever starts treating us fairly again, i'll stop dvr-ing games

but based on their continuing screwage, looks like i'm on a slow exit from football, and not just pro

bounced around several div1 games yesterday looking for bad calls, whether reversed or not

nearly every game is poorly officiated now, thru bias or the special "mystery" reason (that doesn't exist)

It hasn’t been the horrendous ownership in the first few decades, bad hirings, or lack of good play.
It’s all been planned, but it magically exempts the Super Bowl the Saints won
The NFL willing quid pro quo with a corrupt senator shows that they are not an ethical organization.

The NFL willing quid pro quo with a corrupt senator shows that they are not an ethical organization.
But your theory makes no sense.
The Saints had terrible ownership and were horribly mismanaged until the Bensons bought the team.
That’s why they were bad for so long. It’s not because of some conspiracy.

All it takes is defensive holding call on any given 3rd and whatever, and it’s an automatic 1st down and fresh set of downs.

It’s at the point that I’m seriously surprised when I don’t see a flag after the Saints make a 3rd down stop.

Yep, defensive holding, illegal hands to the face, and DPI. Two of the three are subjective as in what counts as Holding or DPI can seemingly change on a play by play basis within the same game (hell, the same series in some cases) and as we saw today with Illegal hands to the face they can very easily make an “honest mistake” (where the ref 30 yards away throws the flag) with that one.

But your theory makes no sense.
The Saints had terrible ownership and were horribly mismanaged until the Bensons bought the team.
That’s why they were bad for so long. It’s not because of some conspiracy.
Not denying they were bad for a long time as were most new teams back then. Just pointing out that the league is not an ethical organization.
I was at the 2018 NFC game and I can tell you that it’s not humanly possible to miss that PI.

And it’s continued since then.

The league has said that they don’t want a flag to spoil an exciting ending. But they do all the time by NOT throwing a flag when infraction occurs.

Not denying they were bad for a long time as were most new teams back then. Just pointing out that the league is not an ethical organization.
I was at the 2018 NFC game and I can tell you that it’s not humanly possible to miss that PI.

And it’s continued since then.

The league has said that they don’t want a flag to spoil an exciting ending. But they do all the time by NOT throwing a flag when infraction occurs.
Hey, you’re the one that brought up the backroom deal about the Saints being brought into the League and tied it to a conspiracy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom