N/S Is It Safe To Put The Texans In The Snakebitten Franchises Category? (1 Viewer)

Well part of the problem with Deshaun Watson is signing that extension with the Texans even after knowing they traded Hopkins to the Cardinals. I know some would say that nobody is gonna turn down that kind of money but it's not like no other teams would have line up to make an offer.
This is the most disappointing part of the situation. I feel like he should not have signed that contract after witnessing how the franchise was operated since he arrived. The previous owner (the current owner's dad) made some controversial comments and allowing O'Brien to be coach and GM was a really bad sign. I know it probably hard to turn down that kind of money but you shouldn't do a mega-deal if the franchise is not dependable.

I don't know, but I am pretty sure they ruined their first QB they drafted. I remember it being bad, but looked it up and it was worse than I remembered!
1st year: 76 sacks (not a typo)
2nd year:15 sacks
3rd year: 49 sacks
4th year: 68 sacks
5th year: 41 sacks

somehow he only missed 4 games in that span

Well part of the problem with Deshaun Watson is signing that extension with the Texans even after knowing they traded Hopkins to the Cardinals. I know some would say that nobody is gonna turn down that kind of money but it's not like no other teams would have line up to make an offer.
This is the most disappointing part of the situation. I feel like he should not have signed that contract after witnessing how the franchise was operated since he arrived. The previous owner (the current owner's dad) made some controversial comments and allowing O'Brien to be coach and GM was a really bad sign. I know it probably hard to turn down that kind of money but you shouldn't do a mega-deal if the franchise is not dependable.
He would have been franchise tagged.

I don't know, but I am pretty sure they ruined their first QB they drafted. I remember it being bad, but looked it up and it was worse than I remembered!
1st year: 76 sacks (not a typo)
2nd year:15 sacks
3rd year: 49 sacks
4th year: 68 sacks
5th year: 41 sacks

somehow he only missed 4 games in that span

In comparison, our franchise allowed poor old Archie Manning to get sacked 340 times in 11 seasons as a Saint. And Archie was a pretty good roll out scrambler which probably saved him another 100 takedowns!

Last edited:
The Texans are one of the fanbases along with the Bengals and Jets that I truly feel sorry for. These are franchises that have incompetence from the top of the organization, meaning ownership, which means there is nothing fixing that. The fans of these teams probably have high hopes and excitement every offseason hoping it will turn around but the reality is it never will unless the team is sold.

BTDT.

In comparison, our franchise allowed poor old Archie Manning to get get sacked 340 times in 11 seasons as a Saint. And Archie was a pretty good roll out scrambler which probably saved him another 100 takedowns!
Archie requested partial credit for Jack Youngblood's election to the Hall of Fame.

And I don’t mean that with sarcasm. Their most successful coach is also the most inept, haven’t been to a Super Bowl and their most successful QB wants out at the moment. All in their first nineteen seasons.
You're aware the Saints went 20 years before they had a winning record, right?

He would have been franchise tagged.
Yes, but that could have been used as a negotiation tactic. Dak used it on the cowboys and so did Kirk, and they both will be okay.

Exactly. Cant blame the dude at all for taking the money. What if he turns them down and then has a career ending injury? He just missed out on $111,000,000 guaranteed. You'd have to be pretty dumb to turn that down.
Dak is walking that same path. If you have questions about the franchise you don't sign a long term deal. It's like buying an expensive ring for someone you don't know you want to marry.

Guess that shows you how bad the team was managed trade all the weapons away then sign your QB as if he was a 3 time Super Bowl MVP .... that always works out .... lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom