Is it safe to say Saints will have to play their best game of the season to beat 49ers? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I was going to wait until Monday to start this thread but I decided to do it now. I remember earlier in the season after the 49ers destroyed the Cleveland Browns I posted how great they looked and a lot of you dismissed them and said they were frauds. Well, here we are going into December and the Saints matchup against these 49ers is arguably to biggest NFC opponent the Saints face on their remaining schedule. Obviously, the strength of the 49ers is their stout Defensive line especially against the pass. So that means you have to do two things....First, avoid penalties that can be drive killers and Second, stay "ahead of the chains" with crisp execution. If San Francisco does have a slight weakness, they can be run on. Sean Payton must commit to the run game like he never has before. That means more Latavius Murray, that means more jet sweeps or the threat of it, and it also means quick hitters like bubble screens that are basically an extension of the run game.

The way the Defense responded when they had to go back on the field after back to back onside kick recoveries by the Falcons was very encouraging. If they accept the challenge of trying to show the 49ers how good their defense is then we as fans will be in for a treat. It will be very interesting to see how the Saints defend Kittle and if they can force "Jimmy G" into mistakes that could set up the Offense. Drew Brees has been talking for the past few weeks about how the team is still looking to play their best game. Well, there's no time like the present because it could be argued that the winner of this game will have the NFC playoff picture go through their field. Let's hope it's the Mercedes Benz Superdome!!!

Yea the 9ers are the real deal but they ain't played saints yet. So we'll see come next Sunday.
Their focus better be on the Ravens. It's going to be a physical game vs Ravens then us. 49ers are going to be scared & battered by the time they play the Falcons & Rams. And the #1 seed could be decided against the Seahawks.

Well....I think it's safe to say we need to play better than we've played the past 2 weeks. As for our best game, not sure b/c we have no idea if the 49ers will play their best game on the 8th, either. The 49ers are an excellent football team, but they're human and they can have a bad game like anyone else can (in the 2009 NFCCG, I think the Saints and Vikings were both terrific teams, but neither played a good game that night). But we've got to tighten up on the stupid mistakes and sloppiness going forward.

I was going to wait until Monday to start this thread but I decided to do it now. I remember earlier in the season after the 49ers destroyed the Cleveland Browns I posted how great they looked and a lot of you dismissed them and said they were frauds. Well, here we are going into December and the Saints matchup against these 49ers is arguably to biggest NFC opponent the Saints face on their remaining schedule. Obviously, the strength of the 49ers is their stout Defensive line especially against the pass. So that means you have to do two things....First, avoid penalties that can be drive killers and Second, stay "ahead of the chains" with crisp execution. If San Francisco does have a slight weakness, they can be run on. Sean Payton must commit to the run game like he never has before. That means more Latavius Murray, that means more jet sweeps or the threat of it, and it also means quick hitters like bubble screens that are basically an extension of the run game.

The way the Defense responded when they had to go back on the field after back to back onside kick recoveries by the Falcons was very encouraging. If they accept the challenge of trying to show the 49ers how good their defense is then we as fans will be in for a treat. It will be very interesting to see how the Saints defend Kittle and if they can force "Jimmy G" into mistakes that could set up the Offense. Drew Brees has been talking for the past few weeks about how the team is still looking to play their best game. Well, there's no time like the present because it could be argued that the winner of this game will have the NFC playoff picture go through their field. Let's hope it's the Mercedes Benz Superdome!!!

Love your title and the part, "Is is safe to say......" Sometimes it's not safe to say anything" - lol. Just having some fun. Thx for a really good post

Love your title and the part, "Is is safe to say......" Sometimes it's not safe to say anything" - lol. Just having some fun. Thx for a really good post

Lol. Nothing is SAFE around here! Just imagine if SR took place in an Irish pub instead of on the internet. There would be plenty of drunks and fights to be found!

As the week wears on I start to get back to even a little more. I don't think we have to play perfect. For me it's pretty simple what we need to do. Reduce penalties and our D get back to playing where it was during Teddy's run. Our D line smothered teams over that stretch. Think we started seeing that return Thursday. If our D gets to that point we can win games without needing to score 30. I'm not sure the 9ers have enough offense if we do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom