Is it safe to say that the Lions game makes or breaks our season? (1 Viewer)

It’s a must win . Feels like 2014-2016 when we always had those must wins to get to 500 after starting 0-4 and fell short . I think we will win but just sucks to be in a must win already. Hopefully we pound the rock , and eat clock .

I think we´re not there yet. It only takes one game to get back to .500 the 7-9 years have in common the team having to climb out of a bigger hole.
To answer the OP, I believe if the Saints lose to the Lions, we´re looking at an 8-8 season. If they win, the team can still get back on track.

This got out of hand in a hurry. We went from talking about the Super Bowl to facing a must win situation in week four against the Lions. And it is a must win. Big difference in being 2-2 and 1-3 for THIS team.

We've seen the Saints fight like hell to get back into it after bad starts but Drew was younger. He could single handedly carry the team. He drug some awful defenses to 7-9 seasons but I don't think he has it in him now. He needs help.

I dont think any NFC team matches up well with Kansas City. If Kansas City beats NE then i don't see any team stopping KC from getting to the SUPERBOWL.

In all fairness, nobody really matches up with KC at the moment. They're the only complete team in the league right now.

Cam Newton in New England is the same Cam Newton from Carolina; a one trick pony who isn't going to beat you with his arm. Russell Wilson gets zero help from his defense. Lamar Jackson still can't read pass defenses. The Saints are a mess right now. The Packers can't stop the run.

KC looks how the Saints were supposed to look; a complete team returning nearly all of its starters where COVID would have the smallest impact from a lack of OTAs, shortened Training Camp, and no pre-season games.

The way the Saints are always unprepared to start the season, the way the Saints have regularly been unprepared for the post-season... frustrating, just frustrating.

It feels like a 7-9 , 8-8 team this year...Regardless, I hope they play with pride and dont get blown out in too many games. Just dont think any team in NFL can match up with KC right now offensively...........

In all fairness, nobody really matches up with KC at the moment. They're the only complete team in the league right now.

Cam Newton in New England is the same Cam Newton from Carolina; a one trick pony who isn't going to beat you with his arm. Russell Wilson gets zero help from his defense. Lamar Jackson still can't read pass defenses. The Saints are a mess right now. The Packers can't stop the run.

KC looks how the Saints were supposed to look; a complete team returning nearly all of its starters where COVID would have the smallest impact from a lack of OTAs, shortened Training Camp, and no pre-season games.

The way the Saints are always unprepared to start the season, the way the Saints have regularly been unprepared for the post-season... frustrating, just frustrating.
Of those teams you mention do you honestly think we can beat any of them? We are not a top 5 team right now, and I think we'll be lucky to get to the playoffs. I just hope for Drew's sake we finish better than the Bucs.

Mathematically, obviously not, but realistically, yes. Frankly, considering what we have seen the past 2 games, one can make an argument the Saints' season is already broken.

Of those teams you mention do you honestly think we can beat any of them? We are not a top 5 team right now, and I think we'll be lucky to get to the playoffs. I just hope for Drew's sake we finish better than the Bucs.

I think the Saints have a fair shot to beat anyone but KC right now, and by seasons end who knows, the Saints might be 14-2 with Brees dropping nukes on defenses and this three week panic turned out to be for nothing. Everyone has glaring holes except KC, thankfully it's only been 3 weeks and there is a lot more football to be played.

The biggest thing killing the Saints right now the last two weeks is simply horrendous defense. It's the 2008 and 2012 problem: the Saints score 30, but the other team scores 33.

We can gripe about Brees' arm, the fact he is clearly gunshy, and Payton's playcalling, and while those are issues, the fact is the defense has forced just one punt in the last seventeen opponent drives. It is ridiculous to expect ANY offense to win games when the defense is that bad. Brees in his prime couldn't get the 2012 defense past 7-9 because the defense was that bad. How can we expect 41 year old Brees to do what an 8 years younger Brees couldn't do?

We still have Tampa again, and Tampa is only a game ahead of us. They’d go 2 up with a w and us a L. But they have a stretch of No, KC, MN, LAR in 4 out of 5 weeks mid season. We would own tiebreakers if we beat them. Car and ATL won’t keep up. Tampa isn’t going to run away from us unless we just stink it up. There’s no doubt it’s a huge game, but I don’t think it’s quite season over if we lose. The 1 seed is gone this week though with a L. The division is still in play. 1-3 starts get into your head though and the energy it takes to climb out of that hole usually comes back to bite you.

Detroit is 1 completely awful, between the numbers drop in the end zone away from being 2-1. Stafford could have handed Swift the ball in a better spot. They can’t sleep on them, Det can play.

I have often said that I always view the season via the 4 quarters. Starting out 1 - 3, if that happens, puts this team in a huge hole and one that usually results in 'chasing' 500 all year long. Lets hope that does not happen!

I think the Saints have a fair shot to beat anyone but KC right now, and by seasons end who knows, the Saints might be 14-2 with Brees dropping nukes on defenses and this three week panic turned out to be for nothing. Everyone has glaring holes except KC, thankfully it's only been 3 weeks and there is a lot more football to be played.

The biggest thing killing the Saints right now the last two weeks is simply horrendous defense. It's the 2008 and 2012 problem: the Saints score 30, but the other team scores 33.

We can gripe about Brees' arm, the fact he is clearly gunshy, and Payton's playcalling, and while those are issues, the fact is the defense has forced just one punt in the last seventeen opponent drives. It is ridiculous to expect ANY offense to win games when the defense is that bad. Brees in his prime couldn't get the 2012 defense past 7-9 because the defense was that bad. How can we expect 41 year old Brees to do what an 8 years younger Brees couldn't do?
The reality is that Drew can't carry the team anymore and our D has always been the weakest link. I'm a homer but if you think the Saints can beat the top teams in the league with Brees declining is illogical especially considering our playoff record this past couple of years.

The reality is that Drew can't carry the team anymore and our D has always been the weakest link. I'm a homer but if you think the Saints can beat the top teams in the league with Brees declining is illogical especially considering our playoff record this past couple of years.

The top teams in the league this year all have real holes, except KC. KC is the only team I look at and say "yeah, that's a problem for the Saints."

Literally everyone else looks extremely beatable.

I do think if we lose to Detroit and Chargers, there is a major problem. Doesn't break us totally but there is a major problem that needs solving quickly.

The top teams in the league this year all have real holes, except KC. KC is the only team I look at and say "yeah, that's a problem for the Saints."

Literally everyone else looks extremely beatable.
I would add Seattle to this just b/c of Russell Wilson. Everyone is beatable but the Saints are so beatable too right now and that's the problem.

No truer words have been spoken..
That's how I felt coming into this season. Just about everybody on this team playing has been here for a while. Makes no sense to me.

Maybe they let the hype get in there head.............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom