Is it safe to say that the Lions game makes or breaks our season? (1 Viewer)

technically no, the season is over if you are eliminated from the playoffs, and could be as late as week 17. but it losing to worse teams really does take the fun out of the season.

This game is a gut and heart check for the entire team, particularly the team leaders and coaches. If this season is truly Super Bowl or bust then they will find a way to not only beat but dominate the Lions. The way I see it, the defense has to draw a line in the sand and start playing like they're capable of playing and it starts up front. They have done relatively well against the run but it must translate to more QB pressures and sacks. The back end has to stop getting fooled by that dumb bootleg and stop with the stupid penalties. As long as those things and the offense not turning the ball over happens I'm confident the Saints get the W. if not, then I guess we should just be happy to have a NFL season and seeing the last of a legend......Mr. Drew Brees

Not only that, we'd lose a tiebreaker to the currently winless Lions.

If they can go 2-3 into the bye I think they will be in good shape. If the Saints lose this week then next week against the Chargers is definitely a must win. Mike Thomas and Davenport should get healthy at some point.

Saint started 1-3 in 2006 an.vd reeled off 7 in a row.
That's lovely. Win streaks always are. But they aren't Super Bowls, so the point remains categorically clear.

But also, the Saints started 3-1 in 2006. Did you by chance mean a different year? Because I'm not seeing it.

1-3 isn't technically an insurmountable hole to climb out of, BUT...as someone else noted, this team just feels "off." Could it be that I just feel off watching games in the craziest year of my life? And maybe getting beaten by a middling-but-not-bad Raiders team psyched to play its first game in its new stadium and a Packers team that's among the cream of the NFC is nothing to panic about. But something feels off and if we lose to Detroit, I'm definitely going to be getting strong 2014-16 vibes.

What about winning against Detroit in ugly fashion or just scraping by them? I think if that happens, it will still feel like a loss for many fans.
For me, I just hope we win because even a one-point victory can be the spark that a team needs to get their act together.
I agree that a loss on Sunday may be a finisher for the season. While many teams are struggling with poor defensive play, there are some NFC teams that are playing well overall - the Packers, Bucs, and Seahawks for example.
Finally, and I can’t solely place the blame on the circumstances of 2020 for this, but my interest in the NFL as a whole continues to decline. I used to watch every game, no matter who was playing: Thursday Night, Monday Night, and all day Sunday. Now, I glance at scores and if I see a game that might be good, I’ll tune in for a bit. I still watch all Saints games from start to finish. Maybe I’m just getting old.

I don’t see them doing much this season. Injuries and schedule will see to that. .500 year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom