Is it too late to trade for D. Edwards??? (1 Viewer)

I wish it wasn't too late. Any defensive help will have to wait for the off season, I guess?

The only other defensive held we can get this season would be a free agent with no team right now

Why does everyone think that by getting Donnie Edwards that are problems are just going to disappear? I really do not want him even in the offseason. We need to stop getting over the hill players and build a young defense through the draft and free agency.

We can sign him about March 1st '07.

I just read this week where one columnist picks Donnie Edwards as the mid year defensive MVP....that would have been nice to have his presence in the middle.

after having one LB get shot and the other sat on a needle....no way AJ would get rid of him now even if he could.....

Our problem isn't LB anymore, it's the corners. Mckenzie and whoever they're plugging in on the other side are just pathetic.

It's clear to me that our first two priorities in FA and the draft next year have to be the cornerbacks and a TE.

Hey, we all knew the defense was our Achilles' heel this year. They've played a lot better than we thought they would, but the Steelers have too many weapons (especially receiving) for our mediocre defense. We can still go a long way this year, but expect a lot of changes defensively in the offseason - which will mean a REALLY great year next year!
Right now, I'm going to continue enjoying this one - already twice the wins than last year and I'm betting on many more in the next 9 weeks, plus maybe one or two in the playoffs! Geaux Boys!
WHO DAT!!!!!!!

Hey, we all knew the defense was our Achilles' heel this year. They've played a lot better than we thought they would, but the Steelers have too many weapons (especially receiving) for our mediocre defense. We can still go a long way this year, but expect a lot of changes defensively in the offseason - which will mean a REALLY great year next year!
Right now, I'm going to continue enjoying this one - already twice the wins than last year and I'm betting on many more in the next 9 weeks, plus maybe one or two in the playoffs! Geaux Boys!
WHO DAT!!!!!!!

Aint that the truth! Guys we were 3-13 last year & we have 26 new players on the team, it is going to take just a little more time before we will get the consistancy that we are looking for. But for what it's worth why can't we just enjoy our success instead of complaining about what we don't have?

I agree with Tenodoras and SuperSaint, obviously our biggest need is some corner help, and like we've said this was kind of expected. The 3 biggest concerns for me coming into the season were CB. LB, and OL...Out of all of those the OL has played outstanding, the LB's have probably played the 2nd best and the corners have probably been the weakest(they've had a couple good games)..That should be our first priority in free agency....But like someone mentioned you're not going to have the greatest of depth when you take over a 3-13 team and clean house in your first year.....I think for the most of the year our secondary and LB's have played solid not giving up too many big plays at once but obviously today Pitt really put it together on us and our guys were exposed back there.....We actually were stuffing the run pretty well in the 1st half, in the 2nd half I don;t know what happened....:dunno: we were giving up big pass plays, then all of a sudden Pitt started running the ball again and we never had an answer..

Surprisingly i'm getting over it now, I was very dissapointed earlier but I'm trying to put this one behind me and think about Cincy....We gotta pull that one off...

Our current LBers are leaps better than what we had last year but that position, IMHO is still the biggest weak spot on the team. They are not fast. I want linebackers who can run sideline to sideline and can contain the edges. Parker exposed them yesterday.

We have a playoff caliber offense...not defense.

We might not be arguing over who let Parker run for 70-plus yards if Roman Harper hadn't been lost for the season. The best tackler on the D - gone - from a team with no DB depth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom