Is it wrong? (1 Viewer)

I have almost totally lost interest in football.

• It's wrong.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • It's not wrong.

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • It's tacoes.

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
To each their own. I was probably more pumped up to start this season than ever.

I don't get nearly as upset after a loss as I did years ago. Perhaps that's symptomatic of a loss of interest?

We went to the Saints/Giants game this weekend, and I just could not get too worked up about it. Had a great time tailgating with Giants fans, so maybe it's become more of a social event?

I have just not seen a good product on the field...

... or off the field for that matter.

I am sure my lack of interest has to do with all of the things going on around me. I have had the opportunity to sit with Dad and watch the games though (see other thread on his declining health) which is nice. We used to analyze and discuss football all of the time. The Saints and Tigers were the primary topics, but we cast an eye on high school and other colleges too.

I have noticed other things catching my interest though - other hobbies that I've neglected for a long time.

... or off the field for that matter.

I am sure my lack of interest has to do with all of the things going on around me. I have had the opportunity to sit with Dad and watch the games though (see other thread on his declining health) which is nice. We used to analyze and discuss football all of the time. The Saints and Tigers were the primary topics, but we cast an eye on high school and other colleges too.

I have noticed other things catching my interest though - other hobbies that I've neglected for a long time.

Holy crap! I just realized that I have kids!

With the Saints, winning the SB was perhaps a bad thing. I think part of being an older Saints fan was the year after year of saying "next year". We kept believing. Then it happens and now if they do not make the playoffs, it was a suck season.

there is something so very wrong about this statement and yet so much truth beneath it. Before we could always believe that we were so close when in reality we were so so far away from it. Now we know better. The 09 team was so good and still it took everything being just perfect to win it all.

Now I find myself having to reinvent how I watch. Yes, I start the season wanting to find that same feeling we got early on that year, but since I know the truth I have to just concentrate on looking for signs of improvements. Just looking for the surprise players and hoping I am proven wrong about ones I have written off. Its very different but I am still interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom