Is Jameis Ready? (1 Viewer)

I would’ve like to see Jameis against KC. I think he would’ve given us the best chance to win.
I think there is something to be said about the teddy effect. I think teddy played his way onto another team and Sean didn't want a repeat. Is James willing to sacrifice the money early to play for a winning saints team?

I think there is something to be said about the teddy effect. I think teddy played his way onto another team and Sean didn't want a repeat. Is James willing to sacrifice the money early to play for a winning saints team?

Good chance that Bridgewater won't start for Carolina in 2021. I'd love to know how many veteran starting QBs that get cut ultimately rehabilitate their careers and become a HOFer. I'm going to go out on a limb (I have no real idea) and guess. not many.

Some posters act as if the next QB does not take us to the SB in 2021 he's a bum.

30 QBs won't be going to the super bowl next year and they are not all bums.

Isn't it foolish to think that JW, TH, Stafford, Watson, or some late first-round draft pick is going to do what Drew could not do in ten years of trying?

People like who they like. Fans tend to confuse how their player is in their daydreams with how they actually are on the field.

There is no basis for your comment.

Seems pretty logical to think that a guy that just threw for 5000yds the previous year gave us the best chance to win against the most explosive player/offense in the NFL.

Lets look at our other choices.

We had a 42 y/o QB with broken ribs and all sorts of other injuries that can’t even thrown the ball deep if he was healthy.

The next choice is a QB that has terrible accuracy and can’t get past the first read.

I’ll keep daydreaming I guess.

Seems pretty logical to think that a guy that just threw for 5000yds the previous year gave us the best chance to win against the most explosive player/offense in the NFL.

Lets look at our other choices.

We had a 42 y/o QB with broken ribs and all sorts of other injuries that can’t even thrown the ball deep if he was healthy.

The next choice is a QB that has terrible accuracy and can’t get past the first read.

I’ll keep daydreaming I guess.

If 5000 yards correlated with wins, Tampa would not have been 7 and 9.

5000 yards equates to a QB who wants to score on every play and is always playing from behind.

Taysom inaccurate, yadda yadda yadda. Plenty of professional breakdowns of his passing that clearly identify great footwork scanning the whole field, going through progressions, and throwing dimes into tight coverage. Inaccurate passers don't average 73% completion rates. And you can stuff the "Yeah but that was against Atlanta" argument. Green Bay and Seattle are the only two teams last year who's QBs had a higher completion rate than Taysom against Atlanta. He beat out the likes of Bridgewater, Mahomes, and Brady (twice). Taysom has areas that need improvement but accuracy does not seem to be one of them.

In 2019 Jameis had one game over 70% and 7 games under 60%. Saying Jameis is more accurate than Taysom is not supported by the evidence.

Carrer completion rate
61.35% Jameis Winston (his best year, 2018, was 64.60%)
70.15% Taysom Hill

5000 yards equates to a QB who wants to score on every play and is always playing from behind.

Taysom inaccurate, yadda yadda yadda. Plenty of professional breakdowns of his passing that clearly identify great footwork scanning the whole field, going through progressions, and throwing dimes into tight coverage. Inaccurate passers don't average 73% completion rates. And you can stuff the "Yeah but that was against Atlanta" argument. Green Bay and Seattle are the only two teams last year who's QBs had a higher completion rate than Taysom against Atlanta. He beat out the likes of Bridgewater, Mahomes, and Brady (twice). Taysom has areas that need improvement but accuracy does not seem to be one of them.

In 2019 Jameis had one game over 70% and 7 games under 60%. Saying Jameis is more accurate than Taysom is not supported by the evidence.

Carrer completion rate
70.15% Taysom Hill

It’s supported by film evidence.

Completion % stats don’t tell you how many times someone threw downfield, how many times no one was open, how many times the OL failed, etc.

jw is so easy to make fun of, not so much as a just to, but kinda like when your friend goes to buy beer naked, person.

i love making fun of his non-football life. as a player though, he is truly gifted and i have never discounted that.

you don't get 5k yards as a failure at qb. sorry. just doesn't happen.

i know we don't always like his personality, it is often immature, though that doesn't diminish his capabilities as a qb.

i'm more than willing to give him a chance, especially under sp, to do well with a solid oline, great receivers (evans is a birch), an outstanding backfield, and in general a very solid offence. more power to the pre-season.
I with you on this one Zeetes. Brees spent 4 years in San Diego, and was turned down by the Dolphins. We had no idea he would be the qb that he is today. I remembered Brees when he was at Purdue, at that time he could really throw the football. Under the right system JW will be just fine. It is possible that the Saints system is not right for him, but whom in their right mind would have thought it was right for Brees. Let's trust the front office on this one. If they select him to be Quarterback I'll support him as much as I supported the Billy Joe's we had, or John Fourcade and the horrible Bobby Hebert who was equally as bad with the Oakland Invaders. I trust Loomis and Payton to make the right decision, or I did until they decided to start Brees with all of the presumed injuries his wife said he had with a healthy 26 year old former Heisman, MVP of the college championship game on the bench. I'll just wait and see.

It’s supported by film evidence.

Completion % stats don’t tell you how many times someone threw downfield, how many times no one was open, how many times the OL failed, etc.

If you are saying no stat lives in isolation. We Agree.

There are plenty of highlight reels but few lowlight reels.

Spud. I appreciate that you like him but there must be a reason 32 teams agreed he wasn't worth more than the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement minimum.

The previous year Teddy practiced each week in the backup role and he came off the bench and filled in for 5 games. This Year Jameis practiced each week in the backup role and indeed he came off the bench to complete the game when Drew was hurt.

Then it was Taysom, Who had not practiced each week in the backup role, who with one week to prepare filled in for 4 games. I heard all the theories why, but I don't buy that Payton would not pick the QB he thought gave them the best chance to win. That would be irresponsible in a year we had a legitimate shot at the big one.

We will have to wait and see if Payton can get past the fumbles and still likes Taysom. For the good of the team, Payton will weigh all options and the new starter is guaranteed to disappoint some.

Ready to hit the fa!!!!@ what kind of fans are here. We have no cap we have 1 qb unless we resign Winston with our no cap or trade our best wr

Carrer completion rate
70.15% Taysom Hill

Numbers never lie lol

Since you ask ... well there is a lot to like about Jameis!

Note: No need to waste your time reading my "Pro Jameis" opinion if your mind is already made up that Jameis is a lost cause. Just skip over and spare yourself the agony.

He is still a young man with 5 years of starter experience. He has great size and arm strength, pocket presence, and good throwing mechanics. Many here are quick to dismiss him but believe it or not, if you've ever actually read up on the man, he is very intelligent and an excellent leader out on the field. Yes he's a genuine goof ball at times. Always has been since he was a child. Enjoys clowning around and does silly stuff. Just trying to make funny with his friends. But under that exterior is an intense competitor. Teammates love to play for him, just as he does for them. All the yack about his interceptions is overblown. I'll just say if you do some research the turnovers are not all his fault. Tired of haters being closed minded - let it go move on. Weigh out the positives -vs- negatives and you might also agree we have in front of us a great opportunity in New Orleans with Jameis. As they say 'hide and watch'. Under Coach Payton's tutelage he will open up this offense and limit his turnovers.

We have a #1 draft pick that won a national championship at FSU and somehow managed to survive in a terrible situation in Tampa. He has a season in our locker room so there is no reason to spend a bunch of future high draft picks hoping to strike gold. Use the picks on other necessities. Find a way to re-sign Jameis and give him a ligament chance to prove he can lead and win in a Sean Payton offense.

Saints don't need to mess around because Jameis will have suiters this off season. In fact we might not even be able to match what another team offers him.

Love this, the FO will not be trading for a QB unless it's Deshaun but he rather be in New York. Use the picks to rebuild our team to be competitive for the future.

Really wish we would have played him more post Philly.
I Really believe the reason they did not play Winston is because there was a great chance he would have balled out , changed our whole offense , made us a dominating team especially because of his arm strength. And that would have Ben worst case scenario for when drew was healthy, then the media and all the fans would have been debating which quarterback Sean Payton should go with ... Sean Payton so loyal to Drew Brees he prevented that from happening by not playing Winston...Drew knows it and will retire

I Really believe the reason they did not play Winston is because there was a great chance he would have balled out , changed our whole offense , made us a dominating team especially because of his arm strength. And that would have Ben worst case scenario for when drew was healthy, then the media and all the fans would have been debating which quarterback Sean Payton should go with ... Sean Payton so loyal to Drew Brees he prevented that from happening by not playing Winston...Drew knows it and will retire

LOL ... I love satire. Thank you.

Nah, I think it had more to do with no time in the offense and Payton keeping his word to Taysom. I don't always agree with Ihartsaints, but he was correct about that. Even only being a part-time QB, Taysom's familiarity with the offense would be a deciding factor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom