Is Jameis Ready? (1 Viewer)

People don't want Winston to take over the reigns so they attack his character as if they know him personally, but the COACHES loves him, the PLAYERS love him.

People will jump on board when #2 gets under center and they see those deep balls and back shoulder throws and how Payton build the offense around his skillset (because people forget Payton is still the Coach of this team) and we will be seeing a bunch of "I was wrong about Winstons" threads coupled with the "Brees would of done this or that" threads when the Team loses because you already know Winston is the new punching bag going into next season that will be blamed for everything because some people don't want him to be the next man up.

Some of us will be wrong, but your confidence is charming nevertheless.

I think he is ready. All of these threads about bringing in other QB's is a waste of time. I like Winston and we can win with him. Just embrace him and support him.

You can when it comes to turnovers.
Only played in 4 games as QB , No offseason knowing he'd play QB , took very few reps as QB in camp and practice all while playing MULTIPULE positions . but you want to start the biggest TO machine in the last few yrs , A qb that after 4 yrs of starting is worse than when he did start , Yeah let's do that

jw is so easy to make fun of, not so much as a just to, but kinda like when your friend goes to buy beer naked, person.

i love making fun of his non-football life. as a player though, he is truly gifted and i have never discounted that.

you don't get 5k yards as a failure at qb. sorry. just doesn't happen.

i know we don't always like his personality, it is often immature, though that doesn't diminish his capabilities as a qb.

i'm more than willing to give him a chance, especially under sp, to do well with a solid oline, great receivers (evans is a birch), an outstanding backfield, and in general a very solid offence. more power to the pre-season.

you don't get 5k yards as a failure at qb. sorry. just doesn't happen.

Actually, in his case, that is exactly what happened. Good teams build a lead and then sit on the clock. Bad teams get behind and have to air it out to catch up. The 5000 yards sounds awsome but in his case, the reason for the yards is a mix of bad judgement and necessity brought on by poor performance.

Fact is Saints need a big arm. Jameis has it. Jameis needed leadership and good coaching....he got it. His eyes were bad, he needed lasik....he got it. Since his last off-season in Tampa he got married , became a father and became a Christian. Came to the Saints to serve his team in any way he could and study behind one of the best to ever play and learn from one of the best coaches to ever coach.

Tampa wasn't a Tom Brady away from winning, defense needed to be better, offense had to run the ball more and line had to protect better. Jameis never got that. Does Jameis turn the ball over allot? Yes. Didnt Teddy before he got here?

Jameis is ready , just enjoy it

Jameis is the next great QB that the Saints gambled on that they snatched from free agency. Just like Brees was, it was with some uncertainty but the talent level is certainly there. He will be ready under Sean Payton.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm I can't share your evaluation or certainty that Payton can fix a habit ingrained over 5 years. Not willing to declare you are wrong it's just my feeling.

I would’ve like to see Jameis against KC. I think he would’ve given us the best chance to win.

Only played in 4 games as QB , No offseason knowing he'd play QB , took very few reps as QB in camp and practice all while playing MULTIPULE positions . but you want to start the biggest TO machine in the last few yrs , A qb that after 4 yrs of starting is worse than when he did start , Yeah let's do that
At least hill had a running game and can run himself.

Winston didn't and can't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom