Is Jameis Winston the Second Biggest Loser with Sean Walking? (1 Viewer)

Winston was drafted number 1 overall for a reason, he has the talent he just needed a good coach with a balance offense to resurrect his career and it showed. As long as Winston is in a balance offense he will succeed anywhere with any coach that he had in Tampa.

Last edited:
Honestly, i think losing Sean Payton seriously puts a damper on Jameis coming back. I mean, he may come back, but will he maintain the upward trajectory & budding success he had w/Payton’s guidance? Maybe, maybe not.

In my opinion, Jameis without Payton is like Danial without Mr. Miyagi. Would Danial have won the All Valley Karate Tournament, survived the perils of his visit to Japan, won the All Valley Karate Tournament again & became the man he became without Mr. Miyagi’s guidance? I dont know man…Still rooting for Jameis though!
Yeah, that's my point. I just didn't say it in cool Cobra Kai terms. Well done!

We just need Mike Evans and Chris Godwin.
Don't even need them. If we snag McBride and Olave (or at least another receiver who's got some explosion and can take the top off a defense AND catch), and if CGM comes back at full strength and feistiness, we'd have a nasty offense.

The receiving corps being one of the worst in the league was a major factor this season more than who was at QB. Just that Jameis and Taysom were able to do more with what we had, while Trevor compiled most of his stats playing from behind.

Thing about Winston is, its hard to blame him for how things went in Tampa. Majority of what I saw out of Winston as far as INTs went was the receivers fault, Brady was having that same problem for a while and then for whatever reason the problem cleared itself, I believe it was a coaching issue as Tampas coaching staff is very mediocre to say the least. Brady is the only thing that got blood out of that turnip.

Thing about Winston is, its hard to blame him for how things went in Tampa. Majority of what I saw out of Winston as far as INTs went was the receivers fault, Brady was having that same problem for a while and then for whatever reason the problem cleared itself, I believe it was a coaching issue as Tampas coaching staff is very mediocre to say the least. Brady is the only thing that got blood out of that turnip.
I think it was Brett Kollman or KTO who did a breakdown of Jameis's interceptions from that final season and said he was responsible for 18 of them. The others were on the receivers or bad bounces (like the one that Demario got that OJ Howard inexplicably put behind his back).

I know who the Biggest loser is and thats Taysom. Payton probably only coach in the NFL that knew how to utilize him properly
Don't think so. Shanahan utilizes that Deebo guy better than Payton did Hill. Both are big,strong & can do anything. But Shanahan does a better job than Payton ever did with Hill.

Don't think so. Shanahan utilizes that Deebo guy better than Payton did Hill. Both are big,strong & can do anything. But Shanahan does a better job than Payton ever did with Hill.
I also happened to bring up Deebo earlier. I think he is at forefront along with Chase WRs that can play RB.

Shanahan is very under rated as a HC and offensive mind.

Funny thing, Brady ran a "turned down" version of the offense from 2019 and was still on pace to throw the most interceptions in his career before he threw the playbook in the trashcan and went with something closer to what he ran in New England..

I think it was Brett Kollman or KTO who did a breakdown of Jameis's interceptions from that final season and said he was responsible for 18 of them. The others were on the receivers or bad bounces (like the one that Demario got that OJ Howard inexplicably put behind his back).
Thats still what? 33 TD to 18 INT in a pass happy offense. Still be passable by todays standard, even Brees had one of those years.

As talented as Hill is, he's no Deebo Samuel. If Payton had Deebo, he'd get way more out of Deebo than he ever did with Hill.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom