Is Jerry Jones going to call Sean tonight, (1 Viewer)

The obsession is with getting a bidding war going for Sean Payton’s services. Nobody here is a fan of the Cowboys, other than the Cowboys’ 1st round pick.

He’s not going to the highest bidder.

I don’t see why Sean wouldn’t want to coach that team either (he has a relationship with Jerry).

The Cowboys have enough talent across the board where they probably wouldn’t have a problem trading a couple of 1st round picks.

I think the main question is, are Jerry’s pockets as deep as the Walton family’s pockets in Denver ? I think the answer is no, but maybe they dont have to be, he still has enough $$ to make Sean the highest paid coach by a mile.. and id take Dak in 2023 a hundred times over 2023 Russ .

Cowboys first pick is #26, right before Buffalo. How many more picks would Jerry have to throw in? In my mind a trade to Dallas is a puke worthy as a trade to Carolina, so the number of high picks would be huge. Jerry is very likely not firing McCarthy.
Right I rather have the chance to beat Sean twice a year than the number 28th pick we need the Carolina pick or send em to Denver

None of that is on McCarthy. Dak throwing two picks and having Pollard go down with a bad luck injury. This was a hard fought game till the mid 4th before the 49'ers started to wear out their defense.

Agreed, there will be more factors than money.. but let’s not kid ourselves, the money will be PART of the equation , and wherever he goes the money will be HUGE.. just wont be the only factor .

I’m not talking money. I’m talking draft compensation. Which is what I assume the poster I was quoting was talking about. The money doesn’t make a difference to us.

I guarantee the Cowboys will test the waters. Now how they do that without McCarthy knowomg is beyond me

Yeah !!!

Who needs a guy like McCarthy that's been to a few NFC title games, has a SB win, and more often than not has teams that find goofy ways to not advance beyond the divisional round ? That certainly wasn't the case with Payton !!

McCarthy is a lame duck. Probably didn’t tell Quinn anything about that game plan. They misused Parsons the entire second half. Pass rush was a non factor on those three step drops. Defensive backs playing the deep pass in man coverage like they’re scared.
So they used Parsons as effectively as Carmichael used Kamara. Got it.

I think so for a few reasons:

1. Sean and Jerry’s friendship

2. Rumor that they were close to hiring him before

3. Dak’s contract has 2 years left. They can move on pretty easily cap-wise after this year. Figure out if he’s your franchise guy after one year of working with him.

4. Payton badly wanted the Packers job in 2006. He was devastated when they picked McCarthy over him. He’s so petty that you know he’d love to take McCarthy’s job now.

Dallas had a chance and played well enough to win, that missed INT in second half was huge.
Anyway McCarthy never was going anywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom