Is Jerry Jones going to call Sean tonight, (1 Viewer)

Cowboys first pick is #26, right before Buffalo. How many more picks would Jerry have to throw in? In my mind a trade to Dallas is as puke worthy as a trade to Carolina, so the number of high picks would be huge. Jerry is very likely not firing McCarthy.
A trade to the cowgirls is my worst possible scenario. I despise the cowgirls and would hate to have to despise SP. I'm not a fan of Carolina either, but the cowgirls take my hatred to a whole new level.

The 49ers were good because they were good despite all of the advantages they got from the league and that's why people didn't carry them into infinity like you have. If it's between Dallas and SF, I choose for SF to lose.
The Niners ruined more great Saints seasons than any other NFL franchise. How can anyone call themselves a Saints fan and pull for the 9ers against any team other than Atlanta? I guess the post-Katrina bandwagoners are too young to remember that the 9ers were in the Saints division up until 2002.

The Niners ruined more great Saints seasons than any other NFL franchise. How can anyone call themselves a Saints fan and pull for the 9ers against any team other than Atlanta? I guess the post-Katrina bandwagoners are too young to remember that the 9ers were in the Saints division up until 2002.
I can only speak to my experience, but when I started watching the Saints, Mariucci was the Niners coach. It’s only been just recently that the Niners have become relevant.
In contrast, I’ve heard Cowboys fans pretend the calendar is still on January 1996.

I can only speak to my experience, but when I started watching the Saints, Mariucci was the Niners coach. It’s only been just recently that the Niners have become relevant.
In contrast, I’ve heard Cowboys fans pretend the calendar is still on January 1996.
Mariucci was one of the 9ers coaches when they were in our division.

Made the NFCCG at least once I believe and the divisional round a few times. Green Bay owned them during those seasons.
That wasn’t until Harbaugh came to the team.
There was a period starting in the early 00s where the Niners were non existent.

That wasn’t until Harbaugh came to the team.
There was a period starting in the early 00s where the Niners were non existent.
You're wrong. Go look it up. From 96 to 2001, the Niners were very competitive and made the playoffs every year except 2000 and maybe 2001. The T.O. catch v. GB in the wildcard round led to Atlanta knocking them out in the divisional round on Atlanta's way to the SB against Denver. Again, SF's nemesis was GB.

You're wrong. Go look it up. From 96 to 2001, the Niners were very competitive and made the playoffs every year except 2000 and maybe 2001. The T.O. catch v. GB in the wildcard round led to Atlanta knocking them out in the divisional round on Atlanta's way to the SB against Denver. Again, SF's nemesis was GB.
I’m talking about ‘03 to ‘10. No playoff appearances.

The obsession is with getting a bidding war going for Sean Payton’s services. Nobody here is a fan of the Cowboys, other than the Cowboys’ 1st round pick.
There are six threads in reference to the Cowboys currently being discussed. 2 of them in regards to draft pick compensation

Has everyone forgotten the open secret that Payton and Jerrah already had a trade worked out with Loomis? And that it only fell through because of a Pelicans player (I don’t follow basketball so I don’t remember his name) being traded right before this was supposed to happen. Loomis worried his career wouldn’t survive two high profile exits in a matter of weeks. Ultimately Payton wants the Cowboys HC job and Jones wants him in that job.

Of course Jones is going to back McCarthy until he isn’t. As far as contacting Payton without McCarthy finding out…..Jones and Payton are friends. They could do virtually everything over the phone (except for the Rooney rule interviews) and McCarthy wouldn’t find out until he’s on Jerrah’s carpet being handed his pink slip.

Finally compensation for the Saints - Dallas’s first this year and next and Micah Parsons would do the trick…..

Well, according to that great hack Peter King, he has been going to the Cowboys since like....2012.....

I don't think Jerry can call SP to talk about a job. He would need to get permission from the Saints orginization first. I know this thread was made in jest, but Jerry just can't reach out to him without permission.

Re-read what I said again. I said I would pull for the 49ers to LOSE. That's not pulling FOR them. Also, I was only born in 1982 and wasn't that huge of a fan until the Katrina year, that's when I really started to pay attention.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom