• Yes

Votes: 71 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 177 61.5%
  • Tacoes [edited]

Votes: 40 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No way, is he good enough to win a Super Bowl apparently so. You do not have to be elite to win a Super Bowl just have to be good. Rothlesberger is a prime example, elite in my opinion is more like the Payton/Brady/Rodgers/Brees they are all flashy and set records and all have a Super Bowl rings. Then just below them you have your Eli Manning/Rothlesberger/Flacco they aren&#8217;t flashy but they are good and defiantly good enough to get the job done. I&#8217;m just glad the 69ers didn&#8217;t win.<O:p</O:p

Just because a team wins a superbowl dosent automatically make their QB Elite

Elite means best of the best, top of the crop.

There are 32 starting quarterbacks, to be elite you have to be a top 3-4 quarterback.

Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. There is the elite.

He must be considered elite based on his performance. And where did his performance outshine every other elite QB this year?

In the playoffs, where it matters the most. Right now, Flacco plays like an elite QB, and if he plays like one, then he is part of the very best. He outperformed Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady this year in the playoffs. Then his team under his command beat the best the NFC could offer, with the hottest QB at their helm in the greatest game of the year. The Super Bowl. he threw 11 TDs, and no picks this year in the playoffs, putting his performance on par with that of Joe Montana, and 2 others, (I don't remember their names). That puts Joe Flacco among the very best right now.

No..Steve Young just said he's in the Eli Manning category after he won his first superbowl. I've seen qb's who were average (not saying joe is average) but won the SB's and continue to suck for the rest of their careers. Joe is a good QB, could be great at times but not not elite.

He's certainly lucky. I can't count how many times he just chucks it up and his guy manages to come down with it. That won't last though.

Elite? He might be in the top 10, but not elite.

What makes Rodgers elite, and Flacco not? An MVP trophy?

Accuracy, leadership, consistency, and higher physical abilities.

A lot of his passes in the first half were hail-mary, Matt-Ryan-esque tossups that his recievers magically came down with. I wouldn't say he was the MVP of this game. I'd say it was Boldin or Jones.

So no, I wouldn't call him elite.

I still dont think Eli is elite either , Roethlisberger has multiple rings too and hes not considered Elite.

It has has much more to do with his stats than just rings. At the pace that he's going, he'll have an elite resume that will measure up real well with the all time greats when he hang up his cleats. And possibly more superbowl rings to go with it. Now, Just because he happens to play with some of the best QBs in history does not mean that he should be punished for it.

I don't even understand how he was selected as mvp. is it because he is a QB? jacoby jones was the front-runner. he made an incredible catch for td, returned a 108(9) yard td for kickoff, and provided the blocking needed for some of the 1st down conversions. boldin at least deserves consideration seeing that he bailed flacco out multiple times for the 1st down. once again, it is the best qb, not mvp trophy?

A lot of his passes in the first half were hail-mary, Matt-Ryan-esque tossups that his recievers magically came down with. I wouldn't say he was the MVP of this game. I'd say it was Boldin or Jones.

I think 40 years from now Boldin will be in the HOF as a veteran committee selection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom