Is Kitna > Romo? (1 Viewer)

Kitna has played better than Romo this year. However, this comparison is invalid because of a number of factors. Kitna is enjoying far more protection than Romo is, and also Garrett's playbook has opened up tremendously since stepping in as HC.

Romo losing games is a fallacy. He 'loses' just as many as any other QB in the league not named Brees, Brady, or P. Manning. However, the bobbled snap in 06 and the loss to the eventual champs in 07 (who also completely undid Brady as well) have convinced people differently. Nobody remembers the brilliant drive up to the bobbled snap, and nobody remembers the dropped touchdown and first down passes earlier in the Giants game. Fair enough, but when you really look at things, Romo doesn't really 'lose' games. Looking to last year, he even cut back on his achilles heel-- turnovers. (9 ints... 3 of which came in week 2).

Romo was hyped a lot by ESPN, and then when didn't live up to standards he was ripped like crazy. He's somewhere in between the hype and lashing he has taken. I think the same will happen for Aaron Rodgers in years to come.

To answer your question though, no. Kitna isn't better than Romo. But I agree, he makes less boneheaded plays than Romo.

It seems like you guys discover Kitna now.... Even tonight when he played well you could see the same QB as he was with the Lions....just on a more talented team. He is what he is, a good leader with some mobility and good touch on his short throws.....but he is still the same guy that can throw it accurately outside the number or downfields and a QB who takes a lot of hits and won't stay healthy for the rest of the season. He's a good back up but not a guy you can count on long term. The Lions the begals and the seahawks made that mistake before.

And I'm far from a Romo fan. What helps Kitna in Dallas is that he has a lot of good WR, TE, and RB that can produce YAC.....

Kitna has played better than Romo this year. However, this comparison is invalid because of a number of factors. Kitna is enjoying far more protection than Romo is, and also Garrett's playbook has opened up tremendously since stepping in as HC.

Romo losing games is a fallacy. He 'loses' just as many as any other QB in the league not named Brees, Brady, or P. Manning. However, the bobbled snap in 06 and the loss to the eventual champs in 07 (who also completely undid Brady as well) have convinced people differently. Nobody remembers the brilliant drive up to the bobbled snap, and nobody remembers the dropped touchdown and first down passes earlier in the Giants game. Fair enough, but when you really look at things, Romo doesn't really 'lose' games. Looking to last year, he even cut back on his achilles heel-- turnovers. (9 ints... 3 of which came in week 2).

Romo was hyped a lot by ESPN, and then when didn't live up to standards he was ripped like crazy. He's somewhere in between the hype and lashing he has taken. I think the same will happen for Aaron Rodgers in years to come.

To answer your question though, no. Kitna isn't better than Romo. But I agree, he makes less boneheaded plays than Romo.
Like I just said in my previous post, I don't think Kitna is very good but he is a great leader and it shows. I don't think it's all Garrett.

Romo is talented but inconsistent. High risk-reward. This is the type of thing that drives Cowboy fans crazy. So much potential...flashes of brilliance...but he makes bone-headed plays at times.

Kitna is on a short leash. Limited talent, but consistent performer when they limit what he is asked to do. Good enough to move the ball and less likely to lose the game with a bone-headed mistake. Of course, they don't ask him to do the things they ask Romo to do.

I was telling people that Kitna would prolly end up being better than Romo on the Dallas offense.

Its because of 1 THING, the 1 thing we are familiar with.
thats spreading the ball around.

You dont see Romo do that, he is going to sling it to Miles Austin or Jason Witten at will, most of the time forcing it.

But this is how it really is;

Romo has QB arm but a pea size brain.

Kitna has a QBs Brain and knowledge, he just dont have the arm Romo does.

Dallas should merge the 2 together and may create Voltron.

Kitna is a way better leader and probably prepares himself better. Romo just tries to be the cool quarterback guy.

Romo is talented but inconsistent. High risk-reward. This is the type of thing that drives Cowboy fans crazy. So much potential...flashes of brilliance...but he makes bone-headed plays at times.

Kitna is on a short leash. Limited talent, but consistent performer when they limit what he is asked to do. Good enough to move the ball and less likely to lose the game with a bone-headed mistake. Of course, they don't ask him to do the things they ask Romo to do.

hahahahah....see Aaron Brooks lololol

the vast majority of yards for kitna today is the screen pass. The players just make great run after the catch.

True. Most of his passes were essentially dump-offs to wide open receivers. I can't for the life of me understand why we didn't defend this better. Keep in mind that we are seeing a Garrett controlled Kitna and comparing that to a Phillips controlled Romo.

I think Romo will be OK. Its not like Kitna made any eye popping plays tonight. Romo would have been just as good or better dumping it off to backs and tight ends all night.

Are some of you people for real. Romo is 39-23 as a starter with a QB rating of 95.5[3rd all time]

Also in 62 career starts his average of 264.3 yards[highest of all time] and 1.86 td passes [2nd highest of all time] of all time for games started by a QB.

Don't get me wrong I think he was overhyped by ESPN at the start, but if he played in Kansas City or Jacksonville he would not face the same criticsm.

Are some of you people for real. Romo is 39-23 as a starter with a QB rating of 95.5[3rd all time]

Also in 62 career starts his average of 264.3 yards[highest of all time] and 1.86 td passes [2nd highest of all time] of all time for games started by a QB.

Don't get me wrong I think he was overhyped by ESPN at the start, but if he played in Kansas City or Jacksonville he would not face the same criticsm.

He's got terrific stats, but he's 1-3 in the playoffs in four years as a starter. What stat is more important than that?

Kitna knows how to get his playmakers the football. Romo thinks he is a playmaker and only knows about one player to throw the ball to, Witten. Since the Cowboys have a lot of talent on offense Kitna makes better use of it and therefore they are a better team with Kitna.

Overall I think Kitna is simply smarter than Tony Romo and makes smarter decisions. I think he's actually capable of reading defenses and making adjustments if necessary. Romo would stand there and move his head from side-to-side pretending to read the defense. He would be on the sidelines pretending to look at game photos when you know he'd rather be sitting there staring into space.

I think Romo has some sort of mental deficiency. He has 'stupid' writen all over his face. Since Kitna has been starting, I find that I'm able to watch more game coverage. He doesn't make me want to puke the way Romo did.

A few times tonight I kept wishing that Romo was playing instead of Kitna. So yeah, I definitely think Kitna's a better overall QB.

No. The overall team is playing harder for Jason Garrett. They all but gave up on Wade Philips.

They look like a totally different team right now than they were earlier in the season. They are showing a pulse.

Kitna

is better than Romo.

I hate Dallas.

It was great to let them catch back up and grab the lead just to yank them by the throat and push them right back down in their sad and putrid grave.

Now, after putting forth such a valiant effort and coming up short, they should just roll over and quit like the sad sacks of excrement they are.

Who dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom