Is Koetter calling the Saints cheaters? (1 Viewer)

They will have a hobbled Juilo, recently hurt Ridley and Treadwell out there running around.
Last game they played max protect every play and got drilled.

Local radio is begging them to not run max protect and I hope they listen. Matt Ryan won't make it out of the 1st quarter if they aren't keeping extra bodies in there.

I think Koetter is working on the refs - the same way the Rams worked on the refs before the 2018 NFC championship game ... and the latter worked for the Rams :unsure::mad1:
That’s 100% what is happening here.

Saints were one of the most penalized defenses in the league the first 4 weeks and we struggled.

Suddenly, the penalties regress to the mean and suddenly our defense is top in the league. What changed? The calls.

Dirk is trying to “call out” the refs so they will get more flag happy like they were in the first quarter of the season.

When the refs hear this, hopefully they react the same way they called PI penalties on us after we pushed for the rule change.

the way I look at it is, they are prone to throw flags on us a lot whether deserved or not so play aggressive football. You just have to play your game. The way the rules are set now, everything is really discretionary and subjective anyway. I don't think you can play great D on the backend without opening yourself up to someone's judgement in the moment. Win some, lose some and wait for them to cough it up.

He should watch the film of our first couple games when we were getting over 100 yards in penalties. He's probably putting this out there trying to get some free 1st and goal penalties this weekend.
That’s seems very likely to be his intentions.

Consistency. I think everyone can agree that we just want consistency in the calls. The reason corners grab and justle with receivers every play is because they get away with it. Then randomly, late in the game, you pull a receiver's arm back like you've been doing all game and boom, flag.

To me, it doesn't appear the Saints secondary is playing any different than they did in weeks 1-4. The calls changed. The penalties are there every game, every play. Its up to the official's opinion on whether to throw the flag.

If I'm not mistaken, the last game with the Falcons, we were called for about 2-4 defensive holding calls. I believe a pair of those kept a Falcon scoring drive alive.

As mentioned, he probably working the officiating crew. Our secondary will test the limits early and see what they're allowing. The first Falcon drive will tell all. It seems like our first defensive series in each game results in a scoring drive for our opponent. Then we seem to get better after that.

But they're going to the playoffs...

Seriously the coaches are as delusional as the fan base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom