Is Koetter calling the Saints cheaters? (1 Viewer)

Dirk Cooter is straight chicken shiitake mushrooms

If I'm not mistaken, the last game with the Falcons, we were called for about 2-4 defensive holding calls. I believe a pair of those kept a Falcon scoring drive alive.

As mentioned, he probably working the officiating crew. Our secondary will test the limits early and see what they're allowing. The first Falcon drive will tell all. It seems like our first defensive series in each game results in a scoring drive for our opponent. Then we seem to get better after that.

We just had two games where the opponent didn't score in the first half at least.

Yea, like the refs have been shy at throwing flags on the Saints secondary. My eyes rolled so hard I could have powered a generator with them.

This is probably a bit of gamesmanship from Atlanta. By publicly saying this they hope the refs will throw more flags on ticky-tack fringe cases. Basically, they know they are out-matched and need the refs help to move the ball.

Isn't this the same team who had Roddy White for all those year basically commit OPI on every play, knowing that only a small fraction of them would get called? Ok then.....
Boom. Pushed off every.single.time.

koetter = blind and/or hypocrite

surely the clowns' jake matthews owns nfl record for holding by now

he seemingly holds every play, vs every team

To me, it doesn't appear the Saints secondary is playing any different than they did in weeks 1-4. The calls changed. The penalties are there every game, every play. Its up to the official's opinion on whether to throw the flag.
The secondary is playing the same but the pass rush is night and day. You can only cover an NFL receiver for so long before you have to start holding on to him for dear life. Carr and Rodgers had a ridiculous amount of time to throw.

Dude. Yes they can. And they seemingly have before...on us. But, more recently, look at the recent Colts/Packers game where the same penalty (offensive holding) was called on multiple, consecutive plays.
5X on one drive alone

Anyone who has watched an NFL or college football game and advocates for MORE defensive holding/defensive pass interference penalties should be banned from ever talking about the sport.. And that includes these boohoo football coaches like Koetter.

The offense is at an extreme advantage in this league. They can pull, push box out, and move a defender to wherever they want when the ball is in the air and the only flag this is coming is if the defender’s body makes contact. To complain that more is not done to aid the offense is a sign of a very subpar offensive coach.

“I think they go with the basketball theory that if you’re fouling on every play then they won’t call it all the time,” Koetter said. “That’s just part of it. That’s part of what makes them who they are. Then you couple that with they have a good pass rush, then you can’t hold the ball.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-...th-vaunted-saints/ZJ5ZER4BOVGILHQMS5ZRNVLHMM/
Let em whine! We have been the recipient of no calls so many times I can’t count them all. Like the old saying goes, it’s not cheating if you don’t get caught. In which case, it is good D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom