Is Latavius Murray the Best Saints News for Pre-Season Game 1? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
So many Who Dats have been concerned about the loss of Ingram - very understandably.

We knew Murray was a solid runner up the middle and fast for a big man. We also knew he was reported as a very good blocker. But we saw how teams shut down AD Peterson when we used him as our primary back. And many Who Dats were worried about his ability to catch out of the backfield.

He ran 3 for 14 - almost 5 ypc = quite good. But what surprised me was 3 for 22 on receiving with one going for 17 yards.

After this 1st preseason game, do you all think there will be little to no drop-off from Ingram and do you all think that he will be used actively as a receiver? Or is there still too much unknown?

That's a huge hunk of fast muscular 230 plus pound RB. Get that monster on DBs and many LBs and there could be some huge gains. What do you think of Murray after last night? Thx

So many Who Dats have been concerned about the loss of Ingram - very understandably.

We knew Murray was a solid runner up the middle and fast for a big man. We also knew he was reported as a very good blocker. But we saw how teams shut down AD Peterson when we used him as our primary back. And many Who Dats were worried about his ability to catch out of the backfield.

He ran 3 for 14 - almost 5 ypc = quite good. But what surprised me was 3 for 22 on receiving with one going for 17 yards.

After this 1st preseason game, do you all think there will be little to no drop-off from Ingram and do you all think that he will be used actively as a receiver? Or is there still too much unknown?

That's a huge hunk of fast muscular 230 plus pound RB. Get that monster on DBs and many LBs and there could be some huge gains. What do you think of Murray after last night? Thx
I personally hope he runs over some folks. I hope he runs over quite a few of them.

One thing's for certain: The best news from PS-Game 1 does not come from the defensive side of the ball. Overall, I think we could be better at RB this season than last (entire unit). The same should go for the WR position, although I'm still not sure how much improved we will be there. McCoy's establishing himself as our starting C is also very good news.

He was much more active in the passing game in Oakland than he was in Minnesota - but he’s a complete back.

His running is deceptive. He doesn’t look fast and his upright style even makes him seem slow, but he’s got a long stride and seems to get good yardage with minimal space.

One thing's for certain: The best news from PS-Game 1 does not come from the defensive side of the ball. Overall, I think we could be better at RB this season than last (entire unit). The same should go for the WR position, although I'm still not sure how much improved we will be there. McCoy's establishing himself as our starting C is also very good news.

I don't know, Vince Biegel looked pretty good out there.

Murray played well! He ran like I thought he would. Lotsa power, for sure. One play looked like a 2yd gain, but he kept churning n the pile moved another 2-3 yds!

I remember that some wondered if he could catch the ball. But he showed to be quite comfortable and capable as a receiver. In fact, Deuce McAllister said that he always could, but he simply wasn’t asked to do it much in Minnesota!

Long way to go, but for now I think we got ourselves a pretty good football player!

Athletically and size wise Murray is very similar to what Duece was, and this will be the best offense he has played in by far, meaning this should be his best year as a pro, and this Saints offense will give the best shot at maximizing his potential than his previous stops.

Can he match what Ingram did for us? Absolutely and he could possibly surpass him. Worst case he still gives us 80% of what we lost in Ingram.

I'd have to put it behind the excitement over the potential of McCoy.

Somehow the uncertainty of the depth chart behind Murray seems to diminish his accomplishments. You can't get excited about an unchallenged #2 unless he's challenging #1. Even if he happens to wind up better than Ingram, it will take extra time to get excited over someone who got a position pretty much by default.

Best news, no major injury. Second best news, the encouraging play of McCoy. Third best, seeing guys like Murray and Grayson show up.

I’d add Deonte Harris to the “show up”list too! He made the most of his limited opportunities. He’s got lotsa college experience and I saw him hit that “gear” that you like to see in a returner!

I’d add Deonte Harris to the “show up”list too! He made the most of his limited opportunities. He’s got lotsa college experience and I saw him hit that “gear” that you like to see in a returner!

It scares me to think how freakin good this team could be if we had a disruptive kick returner. I sure hope you are spot-on about Harris. That would be huge. TLL just didn't have it. Taysom Hill seemed to be in there to make sure the kick was not fumbled and Kamara has too much value on offense to be a returner except in playoffs.

Murry, if he can stay healthy, will be a solid contributor and change of pace RB for the offense. I remain unsure of anyone behind him and hope someone in the next few weeks can distinguish themselves enough to be a contributor at running back if called.

Murry, if he can stay healthy, will be a solid contributor and change of pace RB for the offense. I remain unsure of anyone behind him and hope someone in the next few weeks can distinguish themselves enough to be a contributor at running back if called.

Knock on wood, but Murray has a minimal injury history since arriving in the NFL. He went IR his rookie training camp with an ankle issue but that appears to have been roster management more than anything else. Since, he has missed just three games, and hasn't missed a game since 2017.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom