Is Latavius Murray the Best Saints News for Pre-Season Game 1? (2 Viewers)

It scares me to think how freakin good this team could be if we had a disruptive kick returner. I sure hope you are spot-on about Harris. That would be huge. TLL just didn't have it. Taysom Hill seemed to be in there to make sure the kick was not fumbled and Kamara has too much value on offense to be a returner except in playoffs.

Lol yeah me too! That’s why I been pulling for the guy since we signed him! He’s from a small school, Swimmer. He’s small, about 5’7, 170, but he ran a 4.47 forty. But he is very experienced, n set all kinds of NCAA records in college as a returner, including 14TDs. I couldn’t wait to see what he could do on the field. And I wasn’t disappointed!

Keep an eye on him the rest of the way!

I thought Murray looked solid. He runs hard and is decisive. He does appear to be an upright runner and that can open him up to some big hits, diminish his power, and could make ball security an issue. Overall I was happy with his performance. He is a big guy... I was very happy to see him get some passes.

I still think a viable backup for AK is a need. Washington is more of a 1-cut slasher, and Quizz Rodgers is not the guy for the job IMO. I think the versatile pass catching RB isn’t on the team yet.

Murray looked good. I think he runs really well for a big guy, and it was great to see him catch a few passes. It's difficult to come to a concluion based on just a few snaps, though. Excited to see more from him. That goes for a lot of the players. I keep hearing about how impressive Harris was at kick returns, but I was equally impressed with Grayson. He had one fewer attempt, but averaged slightly more per return. I like the competition there. Definitely good to be torn on players, vs. rolling into the season counting on one particular guy to work out, as we have in the past.

Knock on wood, but Murray has a minimal injury history since arriving in the NFL. He went IR his rookie training camp with an ankle issue but that appears to have been roster management more than anything else. Since, he has missed just three games, and hasn't missed a game since 2017.

Counselor - let's just keep him away from the Newalins food until the season is over to ensure his best conditioning - lol

Lol yeah me too! That’s why I been pulling for the guy since we signed him! He’s from a small school, Swimmer. He’s small, about 5’7, 170, but he ran a 4.47 forty. But he is very experienced, n set all kinds of NCAA records in college as a returner, including 14TDs. I couldn’t wait to see what he could do on the field. And I wasn’t disappointed!

Keep an eye on him the rest of the way!

Cougar - Harris had 14 TDs as a returner? For real? That's insane!

many Who Dats were worried about his ability to catch out of the backfield.

what surprised me was 3 for 22 on receiving with one going for 17 yards.
Was telling my wife the same thing. Right off the bat, so many naysayers were hushed. I really don't think the Saints would have brought him in to be the #2 in the offense we run if he can't catch.

I believe that Murray will have a better 2019 than Ingram. No one fears Lamar Jackson as a passer and defenses will stack the box, making life difficult for him.
Baltimore is gonna run so many option runs with that QB opening up huge gaps for Ingram.

Ingram will top the 1,000 yard mark this season.

I got Murray with 700.

Murray looked good. I think he runs really well for a big guy, and it was great to see him catch a few passes. It's difficult to come to a concluion based on just a few snaps, though. Excited to see more from him. That goes for a lot of the players. I keep hearing about how impressive Harris was at kick returns, but I was equally impressed with Grayson. He had one fewer attempt, but averaged slightly more per return. I like the competition there. Definitely good to be torn on players, vs. rolling into the season counting on one particular guy to work out, as we have in the past.

I was impressed with with both Grayson n Harris as returners. But I think Grayson has really surprised many, me included, with his ball skills as a receiver! I think he makes it straight up as a WR!

For Harris to make the 53, it’s a tougher more uphill battle. His make it/break it here will be as a KR/PR.

Here are his stats:

I know we already have Sherels as a PR. But on his PR, which was called back, I saw Harris hit that “gear” on what woulda been a 25 yd punt return!

Like I said, keep an eye on him the rest of preseason!

I was impressed with with both Grayson n Harris as returners. But I think Grayson has really surprised many, me included, with his ball skills as a receiver! I think he makes it straight up as a WR!

For Harris to make the 53, it’s a tougher more uphill battle. His make it/break it here will be as a KR/PR.

Here are his stats:

I know we already have Sherels as a PR. But on his PR, which was called back, I saw Harris hit that “gear” on what woulda been a 25 yd punt return!

Like I said, keep an eye on him the rest of preseason!

Thanks so much for the link to the article. Those are insane numbers even at Div II. Sounds like a good character guy also.

So many Who Dats have been concerned about the loss of Ingram - very understandably.

We knew Murray was a solid runner up the middle and fast for a big man. We also knew he was reported as a very good blocker. But we saw how teams shut down AD Peterson when we used him as our primary back. And many Who Dats were worried about his ability to catch out of the backfield.

He ran 3 for 14 - almost 5 ypc = quite good. But what surprised me was 3 for 22 on receiving with one going for 17 yards.

After this 1st preseason game, do you all think there will be little to no drop-off from Ingram and do you all think that he will be used actively as a receiver? Or is there still too much unknown?

Murray is a better receiver than Ingram and better after contact than Ingram.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom