Is Latavius Murray the Best Saints News for Pre-Season Game 1? (1 Viewer)

Baltimore is gonna run so many option runs with that QB opening up huge gaps for Ingram.

Ingram will top the 1,000 yard mark this season.

I got Murray with 700.

Ingram may top 1000 yards this season if he manages to stay healthy behind an average offensive line but there is no way he approaches 5 yard a carry average territory....the only thing running alot of option guarantees is eventually getting your QB taken out prematurely....

Folks need to settle down on Murray, its only 1 preseason game, he may prove to be great for us, or we may miss Ingram still....but too early to tell right now...

McCoy having a good first preseason game is the best takeaway for me...so far so good....

really want to see more from Ozigbo. He had a really nice catch and run on that low throw

was disappointed at his lack of snaps

Murray was a good sight but I thought Deonte Harris was a pleasant surprise also.

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Harris showed some juice. Like in the return game he could be what TLL wasn't.

I agree that Ozigbo looked good to me. I like him as the 4th back so far. Not sure if he has protection issues or not. I do not think Rodgers will make this team.

I think what excites me the most is Murray’s potential as a short yardage back. If he can consistently convert these short yardage dive plays, we won’t need t resort to those cute 3rd/4rd and short plays as often especially when it’s a critical point in the game or when the game is on the line. It seems like the guy can get you 3 yards by falling forward.

So far, my eyes tell me Murray can carry the load to help keep Kamara on a sensible pitch count.

Rogers looks quick and powerful, with a nasty cut. He does look a little awkward right now, but that will surely go away.

My eyes tell me Ozigbo is also a very good RB in the making. He has the same skill set as Murray, but is more the ideal RB prototype at a still tall-ish 5'11". Oz is more elusive, breaks tackles with his strength, and has soft hands. I think he can be special, and our running game can also be special this year. Watch him explode when he plays with the 1s!

I was just looking up some stats, and I now feel even better. Let’s be real. Ingram put up some great stats. 4.7 ypc average in his career is impressive. Murray’s stats aren’t bad, but also not as good.

Last year, Ingram and Murray’s stats were very similar, other than Ingram managed 0.6 more ypc. It’s a noticeable difference, but when looking at the offensive line rankings, the Saints were near the top, while the Vikings were near the bottom. We’ve always had really good o-lines, and our RBs have benefited. I was undecided at first, but I really think now that Murray will be a great addition, especially seeing him in live action and realizing that he’s probably in a better situation.

Contact? Yes, better receiver? No chance

I have to disagree. Looking at both of them catching the ball downfield, and Ingram had more opportunities in the Saints offense, Murray excelled at it when given the opportunities. In Oakland he had more opportunities in an offense that hails in comparison to the Saints and then went to an offense where those opportunities were nonexistent.

In his first preseason game, he did more to show his downfield receiving prowess than Ingram ever did. Ingram was good (not Nearly as good as Pierre Thomas in the screen game) but was no where near as good as Reggie or Kamara has been past 5 yards down the field. Murray shows a lot more ability out side the first 5 yards than Ingram.

We will have to agree to disagree here. We will be lucky if Murray can be as good as Ingram in protection but in short yardage and receiving, I expect Murray will do better than Ingram did in this offense.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom