Is leadership what our D lacks? (1 Viewer)

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
On most teams a LB is the leader of a team, posssibly a safety i.e Colts.

We obviously don't have a "hard attitude get your team pumped" LB.

The leaders of our D, I believe, are Smith, Grant and McKenzie. None seem to have the attitude of a Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher.

This leads to the pick up of a LB in the draft. But teams who had their D led by a rookie LB (recently) didn't make the playoffs; Texans (Demeco Ryans), Packers (AJ Hawk), Lions (Ernie Sims) and 49ers (Patrick Willis).

So this leads to a signing of Zack Thomas/Lance Briggs type LB, who all (from what I'm aware) bring a leadership attitude.

Your opinion?

leadership and talent

Talent, speed and meaness. Two out of three would be nice.

Talent, speed and meaness. Two out of three would be nice.
Especially meanness. It was so cool watching the NFL's top LB corps. on NFL Network and hearing people talk about how violent and mean the dome patrol were. Offenses were scared to death to come into the dome at that time, especially QB's. I remember watching those guys, they were absolutely dominant. Hell, I know I don't really mean it, but it makes me want to sign Zack Thomas AND Lance Briggs.

Especially meanness. It was so cool watching the NFL's top LB corps. on NFL Network and hearing people talk about how violent and mean the dome patrol were. Offenses were scared to death to come into the dome at that time, especially QB's. I remember watching those guys, they were absolutely dominant. Hell, I know I don't really mean it, but it makes me want to sign Zack Thomas AND Lance Briggs.

I agree...That group put the fear of god in any QB, RB, or WR, that walked on the field. we need that kind of nastiness...

On most teams a LB is the leader of a team, posssibly a safety i.e Colts.

We obviously don't have a "hard attitude get your team pumped" LB.

The leaders of our D, I believe, are Smith, Grant and McKenzie. None seem to have the attitude of a Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher.

This leads to the pick up of a LB in the draft. But teams who had their D led by a rookie LB (recently) didn't make the playoffs; Texans (Demeco Ryans), Packers (AJ Hawk), Lions (Ernie Sims) and 49ers (Patrick Willis).

So this leads to a signing of Zack Thomas/Lance Briggs type LB, who all (from what I'm aware) bring a leadership attitude.

Your opinion?

the captains are smith mckenzie and fujita

add strahan to that list... someone the team respects who, when he speaks, they listen

On the subject of our D, how about this post from "Eeyore" on another thread:

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57837&page=5

Quote:
"Is it too much to ask to have the Saints draft a guy who has to be placed in a cage between games for the safety of everyone around him?

This team needs a mean streak, especially on defense. I want to see some dude who eats live animals for his pre-game meal on the front seven. I actually want to see seven of them but we have to start somewhere. Somebody who has nothing but the anguished squeals of dying animals on his ipod."

Quote:
"Is it too much to ask to have the Saints draft a guy who has to be placed in a cage between games for the safety of everyone around him?

This team needs a mean streak, especially on defense. I want to see some dude who eats live animals for his pre-game meal on the front seven. I actually want to see seven of them but we have to start somewhere. Somebody who has nothing but the anguished squeals of dying animals on his ipod."

Ozzy Osbourne, I know he is old, but so is Zach.......

Quote:

I think this guy might work.

http://www.fightdemback.org/files/phobosandazgorhblood2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom